Home

FM2011 Database (player rating issues, adjustments, suggestions etc.)

This is a discussion on FM2011 Database (player rating issues, adjustments, suggestions etc.) within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
FM2011 Database (player rating issues, adjustments, suggestions etc.)

This is always bone of contention for me, & I enjoy dialogue related to player ratings.

This seems to be a topic that the ratings people at the sigames forums don't like to discuss, so I'd like the opportunity to discuss it here with some of the very knowledgeable people here.

SPOILER FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO KNOW CA/PA from full game:

My first issue, Spurs highest rated player is.......wait for it........

Wait........
Spoiler

Last edited by Hutton; 11-03-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: FM2011 Database (player rating issues, adjustments, suggestions etc.)

Note: [ spoiler ] and [ /spolier ] will actually hide the info.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

Can we please, please, please, please post ALL CA/PA in a spoiler tag?

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me
Old 11-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

Sports Interactive have a thread where you can post issues with the database. I would post your complaints there - frankly it does no good posting it here!

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...l)-Data-Issues
Old 11-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
Banned

Hutton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
Sports Interactive have a thread where you can post issues with the database. I would post your complaints there - frankly it does no good posting it here!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230268-ENGLAND-Tottenham-Hotspur-(Official)-Data-Issues

I do post there, but I would like the input of the knowledgeable people here, where a good discussion can take place.

At Sigames forums the data researchers just seem to insult people's opinions & say that rating players differently isn't a "Data Issue", whatever the hell that even means lol.

Bale being underrated isn't a data issue, Gallas being over rated isn't a data issue....yawn.

If you don't like this topic then don't participate. Thanks & move along kind mate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
At Sigames forums the data researchers just seem to insult people's opinions & say that rating players differently isn't a "Data Issue", whatever the hell that even means lol.
I would agree with that assessment from the brief time I have posted in the data issues threads. I guess I was under the impression from your initial post that you actually wanted to see things changed to reflect your opinion of the players rather than have a discussion about the ratings themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
If you don't like this topic then don't participate. Thanks & move along kind mate.
Are you an SI data researcher by any chance?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #7
Banned

Hutton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
I would agree with that assessment from the brief time I have posted in the data issues threads. I guess I was under the impression from your initial post that you actually wanted to see things changed to reflect your opinion of the players rather than have a discussion about the ratings themselves.
No, I just want to hear other people's opinions about why such & such player wasn't rated correctly by the Sigames researcher. I like the debate that follows intelligent conversation about player skills. That debate seems to always be pushed aside at the official forums .

I watch a lot of footy, and I play a lot of FM, so if while watching a watch a certain player jumps out at me as being very skilled at a particular aspect(s) of the game I will typically look them up in the FM db, and try to get a gauge on how they were rated.

Doing that obviously I come across some issues
Spoiler

That said, I would like similar input from other people here who think a certain player isn't playing to their real like skills/tendencies in the game. Label me a dork, but I find that type of discussion enthralling...

Quote:
Are you an SI data researcher by any chance?
No, absolutely not. The closest I would ever come would be trying to recreate my Sunday league team lol.

I do however spend a lot of time analyzing the FM db, trying to get into the mind of a researcher.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Gallas has been awful this year (from Arsenal to Spurs will do that), but he was actually not bad last season at least over the early part. He and Vermaelen did form a solid partnership.

I think where you would be worried is that VDV is underrated. That guy should be rated higher because he's a quality player that was on the bench at real Madrid.

I think Bale is about right although his potential could be higher. With the next update patch, his rating will go up given his performances this year

In any event, if you think the ratings are too high/low, change them. I usually do that when players rise in form out of nowhere and I feel like I should change Wilshere from a
Spoiler
given how he's done so far...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »