Home

So I downloaded the FM 11 demo...

This is a discussion on So I downloaded the FM 11 demo... within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
I don't have the full FM version yet (not sure if this is a known "bug" or just bad luck) but I have noticed a lot of injuries before the actual season has started. I lost 3 players in a friendly scrimmage vs. my U-18 squad. Didn't seem very realistic.

Is there anything I can do to prevent early season injuries? (training, etc.) Is there a certain in-game fatigue level I need to watch for that may be a warning sign they may get injured? Just curious.
I always give players days off when their is like 10 days between matches, give around 3 days off, go to training, and you can assign days off from there. Watch their fitness levels, I never let mine go below 80%.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #18
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: So I downloaded the FM 11 demo...

Ok..Thanks. I'm sure that's what it is was then. All of them were definitely in the low 60's, some mid 50's during the game. Woops!

I guess when things turn red on screen, that probably means they need to be subbed..lol.

I ran out of subs due to 3 injuries, Ashley Cole fractured his freakin' arm! It was a like a warzone out there against a bunch of 17yr old kids.

Appreciate the feedback, once again. Learning as I go along...

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 12-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #19
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
Ok..Thanks. I'm sure that's what it is was then. All of them were definitely in the low 60's, some mid 50's during the game. Woops!

I guess when things turn red on screen, that probably means they need to be subbed..lol.

I ran out of subs due to 3 injuries, Ashley Cole fractured his freakin' arm! It was a like a warzone out there against a bunch of 17yr old kids.

Appreciate the feedback, once again. Learning as I go along...
How far apart are your friendlies? The game does a poor job of scheduling them for you, sometimes placing them as close as 2 days apart with a month off before the season. It would be in your best interest to make sure there is 5-7 days between friendlies by canceling some and scheduling others if need be.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #20
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I typically schedule friendlies so that there are 3-4 days between them (Saturday-Tuesday/Wednesday-Sat/Sun, etc, etc) as much as possible and then have a week break before my first season or cup match. That usually makes for 6 preseason friendlies. I let my assistant manager take control of them because he usually does a fairly good job at getting your players fit for the season.

Then when in season, I usually make sure I have enough cover so that no one has to start a match at below 95% unless it's an important match against a strong opponent. This is the toughest aspect once you start playing in the lower leagues where finances are thin.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 12-16-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy playing FM. lol God, you guys were right..This IS crack. I bought FIFA 11 just to take a break from this sometimes and have a little fun just playing soccer. Everyone's advice on here has been spot on and now I am just exploring and playing through my Chelsea season.

Lampard has been a BEAST, along with Anelka & Drogba. I'm guessing Chelsea is probably considered an "easy" team to play with but it's helped me focus on learning various aspects of the game, while not having to worry about $$$. Chelsea seems to have plenty of it (~82,000,000 to play around with.) lol

The simulation and depth aspects of this game ceases to amaze me.

One quick question about training.

Every game Drogba is dead by half time, (usually due to him not recovering fully after a previous match). Should I just focus his training specifically on strength? (to help his stamina) Or should he be getting a "light" or None training workload? I still have not figured out how to set specific training for strength, or to increase match fitness.

It is just a sliding bar that controls light, medium, heavy for a whole bunch of attributes (I can't figure out how to tweak each attribute bar, individually, they all just go up and down at the same time. I would actually like to do this (focus on stamina) for most of my vets, since I am more concerned with them being able to play a full match then increasing their shooting/passing attributes.

Also, for match preparation, there is a setting for light, med, heavy for each tactic slot. If that is on heavy, does that also effect stamina for players, or is that just how much "effort" they are putting in to learn that tactic? Otherwise, I would see no reason not to set it to the highest level.

Sorry for all the questions but you guys seem to know what you're doing.

Thanks!

3DS- Bravely Default
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

Rest him from training for a week, if that doesn't work give him a rest for a game or two. There is a hidden attribute called jadedness which usually adds up after a lot of games back to back (especially after international games like qualifiers and the WC)
Old 12-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #23
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

That's probably what happened. I remember at some point (I wanna say towards the beginning of the season) he got called up for international play, also, a couple times and I have been playing him every game, regardless.

Appreciate the help.

I mentioned in one of the FIFA Career Mode threads that people should try this game. A lot of them are unhappy with the lack of depth in the Career Mode. They would be overwhelmed (probably in a good way) what a real Manager Mode is, when they play FM.

3DS- Bravely Default

Last edited by nickaepi; 12-23-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: can't read. lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »