Home

Online Game

This is a discussion on Online Game within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12
Online Game

I wanted to set up an online game, and am seeing if anyone would be interested. We could hammer out details on here. I do think it would be best to have guys start out in the same league, or at least leagues with the same schedule.

Anyways, my steam id is electrickeeper, add me or post in here if you want to try it out!

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Online Game

I'm interested. never played an online game and I'm not sure how my connection will hold, but I'm interested.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Regarding the schedule thing, you can just set matches to always be on Wednesday/Saturday then make sure you run leagues that play at generally the same time (e.g. only run European leagues that play roughly August to May). You will not want to set up too many anyway for processing times.

We had a good one going with 4 here. Any more than that and you have trouble getting everyone in one place consistently. Leagues with more members will just have to flesh out simming rules that everyone agrees to. I'm not sure if it's fixed in 2013, but assistant managers would NEVER sell players in transfer windows or otherwise. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if any of us in the save tried setting accepting transfers to the assman, so maybe that's the way around it. But you'll still want to make sure that everyone is around for sure for the transfer windows.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be able to commit to one of these this year. Even though they're very fun with a good group, it really is a commitment. Just thought I'd throw in a couple of suggestions from our experience over the past couple years. Hope you get a good one going, and be sure to update us all on your progress.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Regarding the schedule thing, you can just set matches to always be on Wednesday/Saturday then make sure you run leagues that play at generally the same time (e.g. only run European leagues that play roughly August to May). You will not want to set up too many anyway for processing times.

We had a good one going with 4 here. Any more than that and you have trouble getting everyone in one place consistently. Leagues with more members will just have to flesh out simming rules that everyone agrees to. I'm not sure if it's fixed in 2013, but assistant managers would NEVER sell players in transfer windows or otherwise. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if any of us in the save tried setting accepting transfers to the assman, so maybe that's the way around it. But you'll still want to make sure that everyone is around for sure for the transfer windows.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be able to commit to one of these this year. Even though they're very fun with a good group, it really is a commitment. Just thought I'd throw in a couple of suggestions from our experience over the past couple years. Hope you get a good one going, and be sure to update us all on your progress.
Awesome, thanks for the tips! I was thinking 3 or 4 at the most simply for getting everyone online at the same time. Probably no more than 3 leagues either to keep the processing as fast as possible.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes! Really looking forward to trying this out!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

Not really a bump per se, but just checking to see if anyone would be interested in this?

I have no problems setting it up. Ideally 3 or 4 guys would be the max.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Eletrickeeper: sorry, but I won't be joining your league. (didn't mean to get your hopes up)

I was more wondering how an online league in FM worked. FM13 is the first year I bought the game (did the FM12 demo for like 2 months). How could a friend and I do something together? Is there a link or video somewhere showing what needs to be done? Are there suggestions for the best way to make things happen, when to advance? How does advancing even work?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Eletrickeeper: sorry, but I won't be joining your league. (didn't mean to get your hopes up)

I was more wondering how an online league in FM worked. FM13 is the first year I bought the game (did the FM12 demo for like 2 months). How could a friend and I do something together? Is there a link or video somewhere showing what needs to be done? Are there suggestions for the best way to make things happen, when to advance? How does advancing even work?

Thanks
I've never done it, so I am just as clueless as you, sorry.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

I'm going to be on pretty much all day today, if you want to play, add me on steam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »