Home

Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

This is a discussion on Any FM-related questions? Ask them here within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #401
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_Prospect
anyone know how to get a tacticss mod like this? http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...-mod-help.html
I use the CFM Skin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #402
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

When accepting a new job, what do some of you do with the current coaching staff?

Keep, fire and hire, a bit of both?
Old 12-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #403
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I tend to keep everyone on and replace them as their contracts come up with better people. I only remove someone right away if their attributes for the staff role are really bad.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #404

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Depending on when I take over a club, I'm very meticulous with my staff. When I join mid-season, I'll normally keep most people on-board, and add a few new faces to the mix if I have the opportunity to fill out staff. Then during the first off-season I'm with a club(or in some countries winter break), I enter all of the current staff into my database for coaching/scouting/medical, and undergo a fairly thorough evaluation, I then decide the people I'd like to get rid of(normally the majority of them, it's not like I'm taking over good clubs), and attempt to find replacements, as soon as a moderately viable replacement is found I'll offer mutual termination and approach the new staff member. I normally either have them equal my contract, or sign them for 3 years, whichever is greater, then every third year, I re-evaluate my entire staff and compare it with what's available on the market. Basically during the first off-season, and every third or so off-season I spend approximately 2-3 hours and 10-14 in-game days putting together my staff.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #405
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

I have never played fm, only a bit of fifa. I want to play fm bc i love in depth realism and i have no stick skills. - should i get 17 or 18 and why? The steam reviews and some ppl say that 18 isnt as good, but others say 18 is the best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 10:48 PM   #406
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonpanther
I have never played fm, only a bit of fifa. I want to play fm bc i love in depth realism and i have no stick skills. - should i get 17 or 18 and why? The steam reviews and some ppl say that 18 isnt as good, but others say 18 is the best
I'd recommend 18 because there are some really cool additions that I think add a good deal to the game. I really like the Dynamics system they added, so far. And I'm starting to really like the scouting. I think the introduction of the scouting "packages" is a cool idea.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 12-27-2017, 11:30 PM   #407
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonpanther
Get 18, it's great. They've continued to refine the match engine and overall realism, dynamics adds a new layer to management, it all just feels right. Be ready for a rather steep learning curve, though. It'll take a while to get a good feel for the game.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #408
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
Get 18, it's great. They've continued to refine the match engine and overall realism, dynamics adds a new layer to management, it all just feels right. Be ready for a rather steep learning curve, though. It'll take a while to get a good feel for the game.
That's definitely something that needs to be stressed. It took me a couple legit saves before I felt like I really "got" it.

You will most likely have some frustrating things that you have to learn the hard way. For me, in one of my first saves, I lost a legit world class prospect because I didn't realize that other teams could negotiate contracts with him when he had 6 months or less left on his contract. The 50k in compensation I got for him was such a slap in the face.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »