Home

Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

This is a discussion on Any FM-related questions? Ask them here within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #65
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
When the offers come in I do reject any loan deals I don't think are good in terms of playing time/position.
If the player won't be a first team player all the time wherever he's being loaned, is it better to just leave him on your U18 or Reserves team?

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
If the player won't be a first team player all the time wherever he's being loaned, is it better to just leave him on your U18 or Reserves team?
That's what I normally do. I also put a couple of youth players on the bench if I've got 7 subs and normally start them in cup games.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #67

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
It really depends on where they play, from my experience and calculations, if the league is within 10 spots of you, it's better to let them go out on loan and get some REAL competitive experience, as opposed to starting every game for the Reserves or U18 team, I did an experiment with two attacking midfielders whom were virtually the same player, while I was at Munster in FM13, I loaned one of the midfielders to an Eredivisie team(FC Twente, I believe), and left the other on my U18 squad, while playing the Bundesliga, the midfielder was given "squad rotation status" and ended up appearing 25 times for Twente, he ended up slightly better than the guy who spent all year between the U18/Reserves/Main team and made 45 U18/Reserves appearances and 5 Main Squad appearances. The next year, I switched, kind of, the former U18 team guy went off to Real Betis in La Liga, while the former FC Twente guy went on loan to Nordsjaelland in the Danish Superliga. This time, the player who went to Real Betis increased a total of 17 more points than the other guy, while it wasn't as significant as the 31 more gained by the other player the year before, it's still a nice difference. An average .3 points per position in the "Competition Rankings" but I've found it's almost always better to let them out on loan as long as it's not to severely lower division.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #68
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yup. If their squad status is rotation or lower, they'd be better off staying at the club.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #69
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
It really depends on where they play, from my experience and calculations, if the league is within 10 spots of you, it's better to let them go out on loan and get some REAL competitive experience, as opposed to starting every game for the Reserves or U18 team, I did an experiment with two attacking midfielders whom were virtually the same player, while I was at Munster in FM13, I loaned one of the midfielders to an Eredivisie team(FC Twente, I believe), and left the other on my U18 squad, while playing the Bundesliga, the midfielder was given "squad rotation status" and ended up appearing 25 times for Twente, he ended up slightly better than the guy who spent all year between the U18/Reserves/Main team and made 45 U18/Reserves appearances and 5 Main Squad appearances. The next year, I switched, kind of, the former U18 team guy went off to Real Betis in La Liga, while the former FC Twente guy went on loan to Nordsjaelland in the Danish Superliga. This time, the player who went to Real Betis increased a total of 17 more points than the other guy, while it wasn't as significant as the 31 more gained by the other player the year before, it's still a nice difference. An average .3 points per position in the "Competition Rankings" but I've found it's almost always better to let them out on loan as long as it's not to severely lower division.
So is being an nPower2 team and loading to Blue Square Premier league not advised?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:45 AM   #70

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
So is being an nPower2 team and loading to Blue Square Premier league not advised?
You should look to similar foreign leagues first. Imo. I always try to loan outside England if I'm in England
Old 07-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
if the loaning club offer them a status of first team or higher its the perfect league to go to.......better than going to a foreign league because BSP and league 2 are similar in terms of how the teams play. both very physical leagues

in terms of loaning out players i will nearly always go for a team in a lower league in the same country (unless they need a work permit) or for a lower team in the same league if they are going to get game time. always check how they are doing around january though, as sometimes they just wont get played regardless of what squad status was offered, at which point you need to recall them and try to send them somewhere else
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #72
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic
if the loaning club offer them a status of first team or higher its the perfect league to go to.......better than going to a foreign league because BSP and league 2 are similar in terms of how the teams play. both very physical leagues

in terms of loaning out players i will nearly always go for a team in a lower league in the same country (unless they need a work permit) or for a lower team in the same league if they are going to get game time. always check how they are doing around january though, as sometimes they just wont get played regardless of what squad status was offered, at which point you need to recall them and try to send them somewhere else
Never thought of that... will definitely take a closer look at my loan(ee?)
Thanks for advice both of you... i have a bunch of guys that want to play first team that are only like 1.5-2 star ability lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »