Home

Thoughts on the 3 big soccer titles?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the 3 big soccer titles? within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Thoughts on the 3 big soccer titles?

Just bought a new laptop, so I'm getting back into the PC console gaming. I'm debating between FM 2014, FIFA Manager 2014 and PES 2014. How is this years game? I'm hearing mixed reviews? Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Thoughts on the 3 big soccer titles?

I have not played FIFA manager.

For the overall club experience go with FM and if you like to play BAL than PES. I switched to FIFA 14, after years of BAL mode in PES, this year and I do like the player career mode. The presentation in FIFA is excellent plus no need to download an OF.

Because FM is so in depth, I just can't get into managing the entire team on FIFA or PES.

Last edited by jesmith29; 02-09-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #3

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Just so it's very clear, as one of the most vocal complainers about FM14, it's still better than FIFA manager or PES, unless you want to Be A Pro
Old 02-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Just so it's very clear, as one of the most vocal complainers about FM14, it's still better than FIFA manager or PES, unless you want to Be A Pro
Thanks. I like all three, but if I buy all three, I won't be able to concentrate on one game to fully enjoy it.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I didn't know FIFA Manager was still around...even though I've never played it, there's no comparison with FM. FM is probably the most in-depth sports simulation ever, and sometimes it foreshadows real life happenings and I get tricked into moving between my FM and the real soccer world.

I've never had a PC but I've often been jealous of what mods have been made for PES. I'd pick FM over a console-type game at this point and time, but I'd love to see what PES on the PC is like.

If you're more interested in controlling the action on the field directly, for me it would be a no-brainier to play PES. But if you want to go a little more in-depth as a manager, then FM is an incredible amount of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

Out of those three if you want to just run the team - FM not even close. The game is ridiculously in depth and better than anything out there as a sports SIM. Ootp being second.

If you want to play or control players, I don't know. Back in the day PES was awesome with mods . Now that Fifa 15 is on cpu I don't know what kind of mods they may have to make things better but I think it's better than PES as far as graphics and gameplay from what I read ? But with either way that's a whole different genre than FM.

I'd stay away from Fifa Manager because it doesn't touch what FM offers or what PES or Fifa offers.

If you want a sports SIM to just manage a club, set tactics and manage a game the choice is simply FM no question about it. If you want to play games using teams and players and have great graphics I would think Fifa 15 is the choice now days over PES where that used to not be the case. But again, I don't know comparison on cpu now because I have played neither on cpu recently.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

If they can fix the match engine issues I had with FM 2014, FM 2015 will be my favorite sports game ever. That crown is currently held by FM 2013. No other game comes close to the depth and detail that Football Manager offers. You can play in any league, at any level in the world. And with custom databases and custom league structures, if you don't like the way a country is setup, you can always change it. Don't like the depth of FM, find it overwhelming? Then select Football Manager Classic, and play a paired down version.

The only negative is if you are actually looking to play the games, FM is manage only. But for many of us, myself included, that's a positive, as managing an FM squad is tremendously fun.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #8
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0

FM is the most addictive game I have ever played. Its ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »