Home

Do You Create A Fictional Character or Yourself in Sports Game Career Modes?

This is a discussion on Do You Create A Fictional Character or Yourself in Sports Game Career Modes? within the Front Page Polls forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls
EA Sports UFC 3 Patch 1.12 Available - Adds 2 Fighters and 3 Gameplay Tuning Changes
How WWE 2K Is Taking Cues From NBA 2K
NASCAR Heat 3 Trial Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Poll: Do You Create a Fictional Character or Yourself in Sports Game Career Modes?
Poll Options
Do You Create a Fictional Character or Yourself in Sports Game Career Modes?

Old 11-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Do You Create A Fictional Character or Yourself in Sports Game Career Modes?

Do you create yourself to play in Sports Game career modes or do you roll with a fictional character you've made up? Some sports game career modes have made the choice for you obviously -- but others give you the freedom to create whomever you'd like.

What do you do? Do you create yourself in your sports games or do you create a character out of your imagination with its own attributes and personality?

Let us know what you do and how you approach these modes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Do You Create A Fictional Character or Yourself in Sports Game Career Modes?

More often than not if I'm not making myself, I recreate a former athlete or an athlete from a movie.

Current Project(s): NBA 2K18 06-07, MLB 18 2006 Roster

PSN: TheLaw118

Twitter
Old 11-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Definitely. Although I wish EA got off of their arse and revamped Game Face and made it a standard for all of there sports titles. The one thing I actually really liked about NBA Live 16 was the face scanning app they created. It actually worked! Why haven't other EA titles adopted this? Both Madden and now FIFA have abandoned game face entirely which is disappointing to say the least.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:20 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: Do You Create A Fictional Character or Yourself in Sports Game Career Modes?

Both... depends on how good the create a player option is (or the face scan).

For online play, I do wish these games would let us show our Character Name instead of our gamertag... everyone hates their gamer tag! lol
Old 11-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Coach_Chever's Arena

Maan , i'm a writet so I'm forever coming up with characters, as a kid I would maybe create myself but I pretty much tap into my endless well of "characters" its crazy because I could write like whole elaborate backstory to any character I create I JUST got onto current gen (PS4) I currently have Madden 17 of course, MLB 16:TheShow, and I have kept my PS3 around for the sole purpose of NCAA Football 14. I "put kids thru college" and then if they are good enough the advance to the league in Madden. Baseball is awesome. I got 5 prospects on the RTTS nobody got called up yet but I knew I was gonna buy The Show because of the attention to detail in the RTTS mode. I'm not a big baseball fan( I love football) but RTTS has me learning more about the game and respecting it more. I plan o getting FIFA17 & NBA 2k17. I dont have hockey on the list but who knows maybe it'll get on there. I also recently decided to get UFC 2 after playing the first one and since you can create a fighter I of course will have a few new characters to come up with. I'm thinkning about starting a blog for my "kids" people can say "How do you...why do you....but the truth is I'm all some of these virtual kids got, It's my duty to help them as best I can. lol naw I'm just a Tecmo Bowl kids that grew up into a Madden man and sports gamer. I believe I'll be doing this till I'm 40, 50.

For Tha Love Of the games

Coach Chever
Old 11-11-2016, 06:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach_Chever
Maan , i'm a writet so I'm forever coming up with characters, as a kid I would maybe create myself but I pretty much tap into my endless well of "characters" its crazy because I could write like whole elaborate backstory to any character I create I JUST got onto current gen (PS4) I currently have Madden 17 of course, MLB 16:TheShow, and I have kept my PS3 around for the sole purpose of NCAA Football 14. I "put kids thru college" and then if they are good enough the advance to the league in Madden. Baseball is awesome. I got 5 prospects on the RTTS nobody got called up yet but I knew I was gonna buy The Show because of the attention to detail in the RTTS mode. I'm not a big baseball fan( I love football) but RTTS has me learning more about the game and respecting it more. I plan o getting FIFA17 & NBA 2k17. I dont have hockey on the list but who knows maybe it'll get on there. I also recently decided to get UFC 2 after playing the first one and since you can create a fighter I of course will have a few new characters to come up with. I'm thinkning about starting a blog for my "kids" people can say "How do you...why do you....but the truth is I'm all some of these virtual kids got, It's my duty to help them as best I can. lol naw I'm just a Tecmo Bowl kids that grew up into a Madden man and sports gamer. I believe I'll be doing this till I'm 40, 50.

For Tha Love Of the games

Coach Chever
I love your statement

I create myself usually or in madden a few guys I know as well recently since madden gave us editing rights back with names a stuff I've been taking guys from my faviortie college teams and putting them in. But maybe in 2k I'll use tmaccor a.i on a modern team. And get them a ring! I never thought of that b4
Old 11-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #7
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Myself and I have 5 fictional characters that I always do.

Boris Nicholas in NHL
Ian Norris in NHL
Arron law in mlb
Kyle mason in nfl
Bart Finley jr in nascar

NCAA basketball 10:
Toledo Rockets 17-7 (7-1)

NCAA Football:
Toledo Rockets 13-1/ 14-0/14-0/14-0 back to back National Champs
Old 11-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #8
MVP

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I create myself, only sports game I play now is the NBA2k series. Used to create myself at the SG position and a fictional guy at the center position but since they have added a story to MyCareer I can't stand going through it twice so just create myself now.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls »