Home

Pebble Beach Golf Links Available Now in PGA Tour 2K23

This is a discussion on Pebble Beach Golf Links Available Now in PGA Tour 2K23 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2023, 02:09 PM   #33
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Pebble Beach Golf Links Available Now in PGA Tour 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
So is this 2K version preferable to any of the previously existing third party Pebble versions?

Specially blessed in any way?
It has the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am signage and tournament structures. It will also fit into the career mode, adding another real-life event to the schedule. PGA 2K23 has a great number of real events...and they keep adding them, which is fantastic.

One technical thing they did add, is that there are rolling waves on the ocean, as well as waves crashing into the rocks on the shore. This wasn't in the game before...however, these moving waves are NOT available to users in the course creator. That said, the waves make a big difference, as you feel like you're on the ocean, and not just some large lake.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 02-02-2023 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:10 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
So is this 2K version preferable to any of the previously existing third party Pebble versions?

Specially blessed in any way?

I haven’t played any of the other versions

It’s Pebble Beach and it does a good job of simulating playing at Pebble Beach, plus it adds the tournament to the career mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-02-2023, 03:17 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0

Played again & noticed the 18th shoreline bunker wall is wrong. Unless it’s been rebuilt & now looks this bad IRL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2023, 03:21 PM   #36
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Here's a good video from WhatAboutAmeobi, looking at the official Pebble Beach course, that sums up my feelings pretty well:

https://youtu.be/uZ-dtOnBs58?t=1

Pros: good to have in the game as an official course and to use in career mode, plays as you'd expect Pebble Beach to play, looks like how you'd expect it to for the most part.

Cons: looks sloppy in spots (fairway to green transitions, bunker sculpting), rocks along cliffs are not great, lack of attention to detail and missing the fine technical tuning that most "good" user courses have...and why not have one of the course designer NextMakers make the course?

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 02-02-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:55 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
I do look forward to being able to golf head to head against a pro. That's in correct or maybe I'm wrong there.
I have a good feeling you have something to look forward to. I thought I had seen that mentioned in one of the blogs that came out. If it hasn't then I am just guessing.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:55 PM   #38
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Re: Pebble Beach Golf Links available now in PGA TOUR 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Taken from another user on a different site, but it seems a patch/title update is coming, too?

Patch notes are out:

Patch 1.08 is now live across all platforms and includes the below updates:

Course Designer:
-Addressed reported concerns of the measuring tool’s distance indicator disappearing after opening the pause menu
-Addressed reported concerns of measurement lines disappearing when playtesting a course

Topgolf:
-Addressed reported concerns of players being removed from the lobby and sent to the main menu after finishing a Tiebreaker Round of Topgolf

Clubhouse Pass (PS4):
-Addressed reported concerns of an alert message/prompt players may see when trying to purchase Clubhouse Pass Premium

New Content:
-Pebble Beach now available
-Added support for the upcoming release of Payne’s Valley and Waste Management Phoenix Open apparel
Old 02-02-2023, 06:01 PM   #39
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblong
I have a good feeling you have something to look forward to. I thought I had seen that mentioned in one of the blogs that came out. If it hasn't then I am just guessing.
You will be able to ply against the pros. It would be nice to see the caddies on the tee box as well. Now just give the ability to move the ball on the tee box.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:41 PM   #40
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
You will be able to ply against the pros. It would be nice to see the caddies on the tee box as well. Now just give the ability to move the ball on the tee box.
It looks like you'll be able to see the pros when they're hitting their shots, but they apparently walk completely off the scene when you're hitting yours. There are times in the gameplay video where your caddie, the pros and their caddies should be visible in the periphery, while you're lining up and playing your shot. They're all missing!?

I've been ranting about this for 22 years now. Would it be that much more resource intensive to have a golfer and two caddies standing around with minimal animation while you're playing your shot? I hardly think so when you've got thousands of gallery members looking on, most of which have some degree of animation.

I continue to be amazed at how they continue to miss this important element of the ambiance??

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »