Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 to Arrive in Stores Bundled with Wii MotionPlus

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 to Arrive in Stores Bundled with Wii MotionPlus within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 to Arrive in Stores Bundled with Wii MotionPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I'm thinking I may JUST get the Wii version this year... it looks REALLY fun.
If this Wii version is as good as they say it may take alot of sales from the 360\PS3 version because many people have a Wii as a 2nd console. The fact it will be alot more fun to play and has 27 courses instead of 16 makes it hard to get excited for the PS3\360 version even with better graphics. Flicking a joystick instead of taking a swing just won't seem as fun. Playing the 17th at Sawgrass with the Wii will be fantastic.

I know I'll be getting the Wii version 1st and unless they really screw it up I probably won't bother with the PS3 game.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #34
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
If this Wii version is as good as they say it may take alot of sales from the 360\PS3 version because many people have a Wii as a 2nd console. The fact it will be alot more fun to play and has 27 courses instead of 16 makes it hard to get excited for the PS3\360 version even with better graphics. Flicking a joystick instead of taking a swing just won't seem as fun. Playing the 17th at Sawgrass with the Wii will be fantastic.

I know I'll be getting the Wii version 1st and unless they really screw it up I probably won't bother with the PS3 game.
I'm thinking that as well... this is one genre the Wii is PERFECT for if implimented correctly. I think this year it definitely could be.

[EDIT]

I don't see the motion plus bundle on GameStop.com... I hope it gets posted, I wanted to order a copy for my dad as a surprise.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 05-06-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

dickdalewood, there ya go.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...spx?sku=230592

dick dale for the RNR HOF!

Last edited by tommyfusco; 05-06-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #36
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

the online tournaments sound pretty cool: daily tournaments, weekly tournaments, play the pros.....really cool EA!

Go Badgers!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #37
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyfusco
dickdalewood, there ya go.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...spx?sku=230592

dick dale for the RNR HOF!
LOL, thanks dude

Old 05-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Suddenly, I have gone from barely touching my Wii (snicker) to being as jazzed about it as I could possibly imagine, with this week's release of the brilliant Punch-Out!! and the news that the MotionPlus will be bundled with TW10.

I have played the mess out of TW08 and 09 on my PS3, and while I'm sure the graphics will bug me a bit, I looked at some videos and it doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. I'm sure it'll be one of those things where after playing for a half hour I won't even give it a second thought because I'm having so much fun actually swinging a virtual golf club.

The game, bundled with the MotionPlus accessory, with 27 (!) licensed courses (everything the PS3/360 version has plus all of the ones they yanked from 09 and Banff Springs, which was my favorite Links 386 Pro course from back in the day), 1-to-1 motion control, and disc golf, all for the same price as the PS3 version makes this a total no-brainer at this point, graphics be damned.

I was astonished to discover that I could still get $20 for the PS3 version of TW09. So I traded that and a couple other things that have gone by the wayside and have fully paid off the pre-order. It was kind of funny that the guy who took the order told me that if I got it for the 360 I could get the Spyglass Hill course for free. I couldn't help but laugh...considering that Spyglass Hill and much more will be in the game out of the box.

It's fairly obvious at this point that the Wii's limited graphics are what allows them to fit 27 courses on disc, and when I think about it, that's a tradeoff worth having when combined with the controls. Hell, that's 162 unique holes of golf that will be unavailable on the PS3 version, and presumably will make the Tour mode far less repetitive.

I've haven't been this jazzed about a sports game in a very long time. If the motion controls are as good as everyone says (and the videos seem to bear out that they are), I may never leave my house.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #39
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Does the Wii version have a Tour Pro difficulty level, or something similar? I've all but decided to get the Wii version over the PS3 but, if it doesn't have a Tour Pro mode then I may think twice about it.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #40
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Does the Wii version have a Tour Pro difficulty level, or something similar? I've all but decided to get the Wii version over the PS3 but, if it doesn't have a Tour Pro mode then I may think twice about it.
I got an answer to your question from one of the producers (Eric Bush) when asking about camera options. Here's what Eric says, which I think answers your question:

"The Wii doesn't really have a Tour Pro mode, instead there are the three swing difficulties: All-Play, Standard, and Advanced. The advanced swing does disable spin and putt preview, so in that sense it is similar to Tour Pro mode on the 360/PS3, however regardless of the swing difficulty setting that is used the Broadcast Cameras option can be toggled between Tournaments/All/Off. The default selection is Tournaments only, but as I mentioned you can toggle this to All so that they will be used in all game modes, or to Off if you never want to see them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »