Home

Tiger Woods 10: A Golfer's Guide

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods 10: A Golfer's Guide within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Tiger Woods 10: A Golfer's Guide

The game of golf gives you the unique ability to pit yourself against your mind and emotional regulation. You must strategize for every bend and account for every slope you may find on a course. Each shot is a test of your discipline, focus and patience, and the courses you play on are designed to break you down. But it is up to you to peak under the most intense pressure and unlock your Trophies and Achievements.

In this quick strategy guide, I will walk you through the fundamentals of your golf swing setup, coach you through your golfer’s progression, and teach you to focus on the greens.

Read More - Tiger Woods 10: A Golfers Guide
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie for life...

Wasted Penguins's Arena

OVR: 12
cool. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
You'd be interested to know this uniform was given to me by the Captain of the Links of St. Andrews in Scotland.

They invented the game there,but they call it "gof"without the "L" as we do.

good article
Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Thanks for the tips. I was looking for something like this. Surprised I never saw this section of the site before.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
I just recently got the game, and it's fun, but I am horrible at putting. No matter how many times I practice, whenever I go into the career mode and play, I botch the puts. I am usually going for birdie or par whenever I get close to the pin, but putting always puts me in bogie land. Are there any guides on strictly putting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods 10: A Golfer's Guide

I have a quick question about the club tuner. What do you guys set the spin attribute at, for irons and wedges, to get the most realistic ball spin possible for each club? I know I have mine set too high because my PW spins back a good 5 yards or more on normal shots, I can't stick it.

I want to be able to stick certain shots and also add spin (with the right stick) when needed.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
I have a quick question about the club tuner. What do you guys set the spin attribute at, for irons and wedges, to get the most realistic ball spin possible for each club? I know I have mine set too high because my PW spins back a good 5 yards or more on normal shots, I can't stick it.

I want to be able to stick certain shots and also add spin (with the right stick) when needed.
I have spin set to 0 on all my clubs....works pretty well and I don't get unexpected backspin when it is not needed.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs
I just recently got the game, and it's fun, but I am horrible at putting. No matter how many times I practice, whenever I go into the career mode and play, I botch the puts. I am usually going for birdie or par whenever I get close to the pin, but putting always puts me in bogie land. Are there any guides on strictly putting?
This is what works for me:

Always add distance to your putts. If you think you need 5 feet, go 6-7. If you think you need 10, go 13-14. 50 ft, go 55. Downhill putts, I'll measure it 2 ft short of the hole, no matter the length, unless its an exceptional decline. If you see the putt will go one direction, then slope back to the opposite way, treat it like its no slope.

I'm a novice, so this is by no means the Bible. This just works for me.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »