Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2019, 10:04 PM   #3609
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightwhite24
Well I’ve finally made it to my yearly golf trip to Myrtle Beach. Playing with a group of 24 friends and family. No wives and kids allowed starting this Wednesday-Tuesday at The Legends Golf Resort.

I feel right now I’m playing the best golf of my life. Made numerous changes to my bag this year and I finally feel I have the best possible gear for me.

Shot a 82 last Sunday and on yesterday got a quick 9 in and shot 39. If I only had time to get 18 in I believe I would have shot in the 70’s.

My bag looks like this,

Ping G410 Driver
Ping G410 5W
Ping G410 22 degree Hybrid
Ping G410 Irons 4-UW
56 & 60 Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges
TaylorMade Spider X Putter
Srixon Z-star ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very nice set. Good luck and have a ton of fun!!
Old 05-27-2019, 07:18 PM   #3610
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Played 18 for the first time ever over the weekend. Shot a cool 59 ... 59 on the front and another 59 on the back. At least I'm consistent.

I think I've got the driver figured out. My dad wasn't too happy that I was consistently out driving him, and I was hitting them pretty straight. But I have a lot of work to do on everything after the tee shot.

I still need to get a 3W and 5W. Where are some good places to look online? I've found a few on eBay so far. I have a RBZ driver, so looking to get the same for the woods. Not going to invest in new clubs until I get more serious.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #3611
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I actually thought I shared this prior but I guess not.

Played 18 holes on Sunday at Hidden Creek Golf Course and shot my best round since I quit playing dang near everyday when I was younger..much younger...before responsibilities and crap.

Shot an 86 (41 on front - 45 on the back). I got into trouble on their signature 16th hole par 5 when I pulled my tee shot into the woods near the creek. Had to play out and then lay up and hit my layup a bit too long that it was on the downhill slope to the creek as it crosses the hole. I didn't get on the green until 6 and two putted. Other than that I played pretty damn well. Best part is I played the entire round with one golf ball!

Only other downside is I need a new driver as my first shot off the tee on hole 1 I sliced into trouble. I sit my driver (its old and I wanted a new one) next to the ball washer and left it there. Now I have to get a new driver. Teed off the rest of the day with a utility wood that I've had forever and irons.

Playing next weekend on Saturday and am itching to get back out after this outing. I figure I'll shoot 110

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2019, 11:41 AM   #3612
Pro

Went out last weekend with my wife and twin girls. They had top dressed the greens earlier in the week so they were playing tough. I was absolutely smashing my driver. Had 4 eagle opportunities (3 par 5 and 1 par 4). Had 1 birdie.
Shot a 75 (par 71), but with real greens could have easily broke par. My driver has been really on but my approaches are all over the map, probably need to hit the range for a solid iron session.

My wife had a crazy round going 59 on the front and 46 on the back. Her driver cracked along the face on the second hole so after 9 we grabbed a loaner and quickly realized her driver must have been week for a while now as she was smashing it 50-75 yards farther.

My daughters, who are 10 played their first 18 hole round. We have them play from the 150 yard markers so they have a chance to make decent scores. They play the Par 3's from the tees. Anyway, they both shot 95 which is amazing. At one point they birdied (3) the same hole!! Of course it was after I made them the promise that if 1 of them got a 3 I would turn on the music for them.

Hoping to get out this weekend if the weather co-operates. I have a couple 73's falling of my handicap right away so I better replace them.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #3613
Pro

Got out again on Sunday. Dropped back to the tips because the guy we got paired up with said he plays the tips so I thought I would give it a whirl.

Played pretty well for only my 5th round. Was +4 with 4 three putts due to some pretty bouncy and slow greens. Game feels okay right now, just need to get more consistent with my irons. Looking at getting some new custom fit clubs to see if that will help with consistency. I have never done custom fit so it should be fun.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:52 PM   #3614
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Havent been out much AT ALL since last season, but I'll be playing Brown Deer in Wisconsin next week, so I'm gonna need to hit the range and local course a lot if I want to play well there.

Going with a family member who has been playing quite a lot this year already, so I need to have my A-game ready.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #3615
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

My girlfriend and I are going to be heading to Europe this summer. We're hitting up London, Edinburgh and Dublin. I've been to Europe once as has my girlfriend. The last time I was in Europe I went to visit St Andrews and I was able to walk the Old Course on a brisk, cold and windy Sunday afternoon. It was an incredible walk and being able to see each hole and how crazy some of the undulations are on the holes was amazing. I always told myself that if I ever went back to Scotland that I'd make an effort to try and play the Old Course...

Well I've decided I'm going to try and play the Old Course. Unfortunately we never planned our Europe trip far enough in advance for me to properly secure a tee time. The only option I have is to show up before dawn, golf bag in hand and wait in line for a chance. From the research I've done online most people who wait in line eventually get paired into a twosome/ threesome group. Some say you'll wait an hour others say you could wait 5 hours. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to wait in line to play the Old Course or just show up as a walk on and play either the New Course or Jubilee course. If I want to play the New Course or Jubilee course you can get paired into a group fairly quickly.

There's really no bad option here but I'm excited about the prospect to play some proper links golf on the coast of Scotland!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #3616
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
My girlfriend and I are going to be heading to Europe this summer. We're hitting up London, Edinburgh and Dublin. I've been to Europe once as has my girlfriend. The last time I was in Europe I went to visit St Andrews and I was able to walk the Old Course on a brisk, cold and windy Sunday afternoon. It was an incredible walk and being able to see each hole and how crazy some of the undulations are on the holes was amazing. I always told myself that if I ever went back to Scotland that I'd make an effort to try and play the Old Course...

Well I've decided I'm going to try and play the Old Course. Unfortunately we never planned our Europe trip far enough in advance for me to properly secure a tee time. The only option I have is to show up before dawn, golf bag in hand and wait in line for a chance. From the research I've done online most people who wait in line eventually get paired into a twosome/ threesome group. Some say you'll wait an hour others say you could wait 5 hours. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to wait in line to play the Old Course or just show up as a walk on and play either the New Course or Jubilee course. If I want to play the New Course or Jubilee course you can get paired into a group fairly quickly.

There's really no bad option here but I'm excited about the prospect to play some proper links golf on the coast of Scotland!
That sounds incredible! Good luck out there.

We've got my wife's family reunion in August in Myrtle Beach, needless to say, and I hope I'm not too late, I need to make it a priority to play a few rounds while I am there. Unlikely I'll get the chance to anytime in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »