Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #505
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

I used to have a bad slice that dogged me for a number of years when I was just starting. Sometimes, you have to have lessons, or you have to have somebody look at your swing, or you have to record it yourself. I ended up fixing most of mine by figuring out where I was swinging relative to my body.

What I'm saying is that if you have to use a ball that isn't within the rules, it's better to have the slice. There are usually ways of fixing it, but cheating isn't one of them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #506
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

First nine holes of golf are in the books. Shot a 65 (with a couple of do-overs thrown in). Hit a couple of really nice shots that helped me forget the dozens of ugly ones.

Can't wait to get back out there... but I think several more sessions at the range are in order before that.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 08-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #507
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
No, and I won't. To me, that's flat out cheating.
Exactly. No room for junk like that.

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Gamertag: stewgilligan
Old 08-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #508
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

After having some trouble with my drive this year. I tried something new yesterday. I moved almost all of my weight on my right side(I'm right handed) and leaned back at the waist. When I brought the driver back only about 80 to 90% so I could stay in balance and then pushed all my weight on the left side through the shot.

I could not believe the distance I was getting. 1st hole was straight away slightly downhill 429 yards, I had a nice breeze at my back, but I was hitting sandwedge into it. On a 6512 course with really no severe doglegs so the distances are pretty true, I had 8 iron or less into every par 4 except and that was hole #2 Back up the hill into a stiff breeze 391 yards. I hit a knockdown 6 iron into it from 155. Anyway, ended up birdiing the 18th for a 79. Went 41-38. Sidenote, my friend swished a shot from 101 yards. I could not believe it stayed in, no bounce, no role, just right in the cup. Never seen anything like it, made a loud clank, and I was waiting for the ricochet, but it stayed down.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #509
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Shot an 89 today, but it felt better than the score indicated. Missed a couple of long birdie putts by inches and made some good par saves. I struggled the first 4-5 holes with my drives off of the tee.

I was blocking myself off and pushing the ball right a ton, but I figured it out and started ripping the ball after that. Hit some good approach shots and some bad ones but overall it felt like the best round I've played in a couple of months.

I think I'm done with the driving range for the year and I'm just going to go out and play when I get the chance.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #510
TCM
MVP

TCM's Arena

OVR: 15

Going golfing with a few friends for the first time ever tonight. Should be pretty fun.

Butte College
Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #511
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Shot an 89 today, but it felt better than the score indicated. Missed a couple of long birdie putts by inches and made some good par saves. I struggled the first 4-5 holes with my drives off of the tee.

I was blocking myself off and pushing the ball right a ton, but I figured it out and started ripping the ball after that. Hit some good approach shots and some bad ones but overall it felt like the best round I've played in a couple of months.

I think I'm done with the driving range for the year and I'm just going to go out and play when I get the chance.
What did you do to stop blocking the ball to the right? That's my biggest issue for me right now. Only of the tee with my driver!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #512
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
What did you do to stop blocking the ball to the right? That's my biggest issue for me right now. Only of the tee with my driver!
I focused on getting extension at contact. I think I was too far out in front of the ball with my hands, so I just really tried to make sure I was more extended and my hands were more square at impact. I don't know if that's what actually happened, but it helped a ton. Hit a few drives over 300 and nearly drove a green on a 330 yard par 4

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »