Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2022, 06:05 PM   #3857

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

My new P790’s arrived today. So incredibly stoked.

IMG_0591.jpg
Old 05-02-2022, 07:55 PM   #3858
Banned

OVR: 0

Finally got a Rory Origin B2-01 ! Excited to test this thing.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 05-03-2022, 07:59 AM   #3859
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Both of those look great.

New personal best yesterday of 110. Breaking 100 was on the cards but I decided to go Jean Van de Velde on the back 9.

Series on YouTube from Golf Sidekick completely change my approach on how to break 100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2022, 08:14 PM   #3860
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Nice to see guys are getting out to play this great sport. I play 5 to 6 times a week. My index was down to an 8.3 but I've been struggling of late with my game. My coach had me absolutely striking the ball so pure, but then I started "thinking" and I'm paying the price fir that.

I normally hit 9 to 11 fairways around. My driver and wedges are my strong suit. My G.I.R. is below 50%, it's pitiful. Something is going on with my alignment. I think part of my problem is I play a lot and I'm not focusing enough on the course. I need to be more disaplined with my irons. I absolutely love my irons, so it bothers me that I'm not hitting them well.

I play Sub70 Pro 699s. If you haven't heard of this company you heed to check them out. Especially if you life in Chicago. They are a direct consumer company and their prices are insane. My set cost me $800. I was coming from TaylirMade irons. When I bought my Sub70's I was going to keep my TM irons incase I didn't play well with them. The next week I sold my TM irons to my physiotherapist. I'm thinking of buying their Tommy Armour III blades next season. That aside, hitting my 699 Pro's is like hitting with a stick of butter. They are so nice to hit.

My driver and rescues are the TaylorMade Stealths. I absolutely love the Stealth. I'm a FIRM BELIEVER in Twistface technology. My wedges are 52, 54 and 58 degree TaylorMade wedges. I love my set.

New Level is another DTC company and they have beautiful clubs as well. Sub70 and New Level are always mentioned as great clubs by Golf Digest and other club testers. I mention this if any of you guys are looking for great irons. Also Sub70 has so e aexy apparel. I own a lot of it. When you buy a set from them, they throw in a hat, ball markers, towels, stickers and a hand written note. You can call in and ask them anything while they are building your set from your specs. I love them. It sounds like I work for them. LOL.

I hope you all can get out as much as you want and that you score LOW
Old 07-01-2022, 08:19 PM   #3861
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKiiing
As the resident club fitter here, I'll chime in on this. The Stealth is testing pretty solidly. Very forgiving driver. Anyone having durability issues with it can't keep it on the face, the only issues I've seen is chops who hit it off the crown and would be doing that damage to the driver regardless of what it is. There's no way they would have risked putting a face in that isn't durable. Can't have tour guys breaking them mid round, and don't want to have to fill a ton of warranties from consumers. So I will absolutely say with full confidence the driver is very solid, and the face is durable.

That being said, there's a reason, after playing the TaylorMade driver each of the last 6 years, that I'm playing the Rogue ST this year...
The Stealth is great driver. I've been playing TMs since the R11s and I get tge new RM driver every season as you know. The sound is incredible and the ball flues off of it. I have not seen a mark on the carbon face. Not even a scratch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2022, 05:33 PM   #3862
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

Broke 100 today with a 98. Feeling tremendous. Didn’t play longer than a 5 iron and only hit it twice. Mainly was 7 and below.

5500 yards is around my sweet spot at the moment. Handicap is a 37.3 and dropping rapidly.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:16 AM   #3863
All Star

OVR: 13

Getting out there in fits and starts. I'd play every day if I could, but can't manage that yet as I have to make money for, like, food and stuff... LOL

Got out over the long weekend. I have holes where I just stripe it and putt for birdie, and then holes where it looks like I've never played before. Dispersion is off the map. I need to find a good coach and take some consistent lessons. Hard to improve much without getting out with a lot more consistency, though.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:05 AM   #3864
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

I had an absolute bananas round where I shot an 88! I took advice from a friend of a friend where he said play from the reds at the holes with a single digit stroke index. All of this was done with playing no longer than a 7 iron.

I also had some unreal chips and bump and runs which led to me making some very nice putts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »