Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Preview

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Preview within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Preview

A golf game might be the hardest type of sports game to develop, if only because of the audience golf brings to the table. Golf’s barrier to entry has been minimized in recent years, and being an individual-based sport that does not have an age limit means that there are a whole lot of different types of golfers out there -- and thus golf gamers out there. Nevertheless, the Tiger team is tasked with the job of appeasing all of these sects of golf fans while satiating each one’s desire to have a suitable golf game on a yearly basis.

And when it comes to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters, the Playstation Move version might be the development team’s best chance to appease all those fans this year.

Read More - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Preview
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
From your Preview, it seems like the same old Tiger with a new shiny course. I will pass. Another year of lifeless golf with no soul? Who would have thought that from EA......Jokes.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Chase, do you know if there's a vertical first-person view option in addition to the horizontal one? I know the Wii version of Tiger Woods 11 the vertical True View option, which I strongly prefer to horizontal.

Also, I take it there's no "cut to the finish" option for First Person view? I liked the way the Wii version of Tiger Woods 11's True View cuts to the finish.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Chase, do you know if there's a vertical first-person view option in addition to the horizontal one? I know the Wii version of Tiger Woods 11 the vertical True View option, which I strongly prefer to horizontal.

Also, I take it there's no "cut to the finish" option for First Person view? I liked the way the Wii version of Tiger Woods 11's True View cuts to the finish.
I know cut to finish is in the game, but yeah not sure about within True View.

Can you explain the difference between the vertical and horizontal option? I think I know what you're talking about but just a brief explanation would help. (Regardless, I can't answer the question since I don't know, so it's more for my own knowledge).
Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9
Good read. Not really any new info but still a good read.

I have been on the fence about getting this and not getting this game and I think I will go with my gut and again not purchase this title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Chase, in a nutshell, it's like this.... with horizontal (default) True View/First Person, the club swings from right to left on the screen, with vertical, the club swings from bottom to top of the screen. Vertical makes more sense to me because the ball goes in the same direction in which both my own stance is aligned as well as my on screen golfer's stance.

With horizontal First Person/True View, I feel like I'm hitting the ball at a 90 degree angle from the swingpath of the club.... hope this makes sense?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
I'm remember being so excited to play this title once the 360/PS3 came out with all the possibilities and advancements the game could have, and it's been nothing but agony year after year.

As much as I love golf, can't see buying this game until major improvements are made.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 13
This game is going to be really good. I actually think 11 was good with the Move. I think it was very underated (probably because its an EA game).

I have Cerebral Palsey so I have never and will never play on an actual course in my life. I have gotten every EA golf game since 97 when it was still just called PGA TOUR. Being able to use the motion controllers a \nd play a round of golf with my brothers (neither of whom are disabled) is an awesome feeling that I never thought I would be able to experience.

Just one man's opinion, but if you like the sport of golf, you are going to be doing yourself a disservice if you dont pick this one up at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »