Home

Need some help understanding flagstick placement.

This is a discussion on Need some help understanding flagstick placement. within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Need some help understanding flagstick placement.

The pga may put holes near slopes, but they are never in the middle of them like we are getting. Is this a problem that can be patched or are we stuck with it?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Any chance this could be fixed in a patch? I know nothing about patches so maybe that isn't even an option. But the pin location is a game killer for me. I'm tired of hitting my approach to 15 feet and four putting from there. That DOES NOT happen on the PGA, LPGA...only on my municiple course, and even then not quite as often.

It's ruining this game for me yet I love everything else! I was in an amazing round at St. Andrews last night...three guys back and forth with the lead on the back nine...until I missed an 12 foot BIRDIE putt and wound up with TRIPLE BOGEY.

Ugh.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #11
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
On some of these carnival holes, a 3 putt is like an eagle for me.
Was in an online match the other day and I could "NOT" make the putt.....It was a nightmare hole...I think I hit it in the water twice, then I finally get to the green and I'm putting all over the place....It finally just said something like "too many shots" and ended the hole. I was glad it did.....talk about embarrassing....LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #12
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

I've noticed that too Section. Based on my fairway play, I should be at least on par for the round, instead two or three holes make me +10.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

It's just a case of pure laziness by the devs which is really pathetic since pin placements can ruin a golf game so easily and is so important. This problem has been there for years and has gotten progressively worse each year and the only way that can happen is there is no testers going thru every course and pin placements being programmed indiscriminately to make it "expert" rather than studying the green and the various plateaus and putting in the extra work and set pins in strategic places like in real life. That's why there will be no patch.

It could be worse because the only reason these carnival pins aren't more abudent is because alot of courses have close to flat greens thru the whole area so those 45% slopes just aren't there to abuse. But any courses with bigger slopes all have the carnival pins so it's sheer luck that there isn't more.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
It could be worse because the only reason these carnival pins aren't more abudent is because alot of courses have close to flat greens thru the whole area so those 45% slopes just aren't there to abuse. But any courses with bigger slopes all have the carnival pins so it's sheer luck that there isn't more.
Another thing that annoys me is the inconsistencey of the green speed and the caddy. Two very weird things happened to me last night when I was finishing up my third round putting. The first was that I had a 30+ foot putt 4 feet up hill and i had to aim just over half way to the hole so it didn't role off the da** green. This was really aggravating, and then once I got close to the next hole which was inside 5ft the caddy's projected put circle or w/e its called wanted me put up the ridiculous 45 degree slope 10 feet up and have it roll back down to the cup. I didn't of course and made an easy 4 footer.

I really wish someone could explain to me either one of these, its so aggravating that I bought the special addition for $80 and the core game play is ridiculous.

Las Vegas Raiders | Atlanta Braves | NCAA Football
Old 05-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 32

Sorry if I'm being off topic but the Caddy really annoys me. I like the visual of the caddy helping you with shoots, but thats it.

If I had control of the caddy feature I wouldn't have him show you shots or the trail of the ball at all. I would just have the commentary of what the caddy suggests when your aligning your shot with the options to turn the feature on, off, in certain situations such as putting, or just a button to ask for his opinion. What do you guys think?

Las Vegas Raiders | Atlanta Braves | NCAA Football
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »