Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Did they fix the pin placements? If not, this is all for naught.
I have it on good authority that every single one of the folks who went to Tiburon to play the early builds hammered the Dev Team on pin placements. The new TSC for putting helps as the difficulty is now in executing the proper putting stroke instead of tricking up the pin placements because the prior putting stroke was so much easier to execute....
Old 01-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #34
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Did they fix the pin placements? If not, this is all for naught.
We probably won't know that until the release, or possibly the demo. It has been discussed that the ball physics have had significant improvement, so I would think this would have gotten some attention if the ball physics did.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I have it on good authority that every single one of the folks who went to Tiburon to play the early builds hammered the Dev Team on pin placements. The new TSC for putting helps as the difficulty is now in executing the proper putting stroke instead of tricking up the pin placements because the prior putting stroke was so much easier to execute....
Well that gives me hope because if it's not fixed, as jasontoddwhitt mentioned, then all these other positive changes for realism are pointless if the courses continue to play like a cartoon, I could live for another year without playoff holes (although still inexcusable) but the cartoon pins are a gamekiller plain and simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #36
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I read through that thread and I find this mildly exciting:
Yes, isn't it interesting that a little golf knowledge will go further in the game? Bunker shots have required no real unique setup in games past... this one looks to be an exception, particularly in Tournament difficulty.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Yes, isn't it interesting that a little golf knowledge will go further in the game? Bunker shots have required no real unique setup in games past... this one looks to be an exception, particularly in Tournament difficulty.
Onlooker, to answer a prior post of yours. Yeah I did mean reinstating the true aim of TW11. I am not a fan of that aiming marker whatsoever and I think it takes alot of the immersion out of the game. The true aim of TW11 with carrying distances made you think just like a real golfer and made it much more rewarding when you got perfect distance on a shot. If they are using this TSC it should have been a nobrainer to bring back at least the option of using true aim on the highest difficulty. Then even a lifeless career mode wouldn't ruin the fun I would have with gaemplay.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #38
Banned

I've looked thru the EA boards while they have a timetable of what new features thay will discuss in the coming weeks, none of it concerns career mode itself. That's somewhat disconcerting if EA chose to ignore improving it and keeping it as bland as last year.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #39
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

They had me at Kinect. Not a Tiger fan but Links has been dead for a long time so I guess its time I started dating again.

$10 gains you 5 extra courses plus the Augusta par 3 course, which will be essential for Kinect parties. Seems like a no brainer.

Swing mechanics looked really good. I imagine they will have to tone down or simplify some of the controls for Kinect but it would be great if not. I just dont see it being easy to move that little cursor around on your ball with just your hand.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6

Wow another year and another thread with DivotMaker telling us how this is the year for the TW franchise. So long as that Leisure Suit Larry look-alike is the lead designer for TW I'm afraid we will be stuck with something that pretends to be golf but really is not even close. Hopefully EA will get the message eventually "You can't polish a turd"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »