Home

Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Divot, I read your impressions of the game based on your visit to Tiburon today in the official Tiger Woods forum and posted my questions and comments there. I want to say here again that your report is the best news I've heard to date on the prospects for this game.
I agree. He seemed pretty sure that True Aim is back in the game - great news! - but it makes me scratch my head as to why in that case the devs couldn't have just told us so when we have asked about it so many times recently. Why risk alienating paying customers by concealing the fact?? I don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 24

So Divot you're saying that TW true aim is back in that there is no aiming marker that pinpoints where your shot goes and that that your clubs are measured by the carrying distance and there are yardage markers around various parts of the green and fairways that allow you to gauge distance that way because those 2 are the most important factors in what made the TW 11 true aim so enjoyable.

Also can we get some feedback about chipping. If you played 18 holes then I assume you had a few chips. Are they actually improved with the feel and look that a real chip would have rather than the poor implementation that we are used to with prior games. Thanx in advance.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #43
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Does anyone know if we'll get to try out the Kinect controls in the demo? I haven't seen anything announced either way
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #44
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

"True" true-aim back in the game exactly the same as it was from TW11 would make me 100 times more excited about the game. That was the most realistic aiming method I've seen in a game.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Does anyone know if we'll get to try out the Kinect controls in the demo? I haven't seen anything announced either way
Yes, you will be able to try out the Kinect functionality in the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
So Divot you're saying that TW true aim is back in that there is no aiming marker that pinpoints where your shot goes and that that your clubs are measured by the carrying distance and there are yardage markers around various parts of the green and fairways that allow you to gauge distance that way because those 2 are the most important factors in what made the TW 11 true aim so enjoyable.

Also can we get some feedback about chipping. If you played 18 holes then I assume you had a few chips. Are they actually improved with the feel and look that a real chip would have rather than the poor implementation that we are used to with prior games. Thanx in advance.
Again, I had VERY limited time with the game and TruAim was in it, but I did not get a chance to play around with it much. I do know that you can choose from "carry distance" and "total distance" for TruAim, but I am not sure what is the default setting in Tournament mode is. I did see an aiming marker, but I was not able to check to see if this could be turned on/off by the user. That being said, with the new swing, I never once managed to hit my ball right where the aiming marker was due to the variations in distance that perfect versus slow/fast tempo gave me. I saw variations in distance of up to 50 yards and sometimes more (on drives with the driver) due to variations with the kind of tempo I could produce. I found it to be very "simulation-like" in the short time I had to play. This will be even more pronounced using Kinect IMO.

I had a couple of chips and I flubbed both of them because in Tournament mode I could not manage the strike meter properly to get the right impact point on the ball. I was always way underneath the ball which resulted in a very short chip. If I had enough time, I had planned to go the AN Practice Facility to check this and other things out. I also found the ball physics to be vastly improved as EA had stated earlier. Again, take this information as it is because I was processing quite a bit of information in a very limited amount of time. My overall feeling of the game is that I think Tournament mode will be much more challenging than 11 or 12, especially out of the rough AND bunkers with the wireless controller, but I also think the ultimate challenge for sim users will be playing with Kinect which at this point I am anxious to get my hands on for an extended period of time.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #47
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I also think the ultimate challenge for sim users will be playing with Kinect which at this point I am anxious to get my hands on for an extended period of time.
Did you happen to try swinging a real club or club trainer when using the Kinect? Did Christian mention anything about using a real club with it? If not, do you think you would have benefited from having a club in your hands while you were "swinging"?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Again, I had VERY limited time with the game and TruAim was in it, but I did not get a chance to play around with it much. I do know that you can choose from "carry distance" and "total distance" for TruAim, but I am not sure what is the default setting in Tournament mode is. I did see an aiming marker, but I was not able to check to see if this could be turned on/off by the user. That being said, with the new swing, I never once managed to hit my ball right where the aiming marker was due to the variations in distance that perfect versus slow/fast tempo gave me. I saw variations in distance of up to 50 yards and sometimes more (on drives with the driver) due to variations with the kind of tempo I could produce. I found it to be very "simulation-like" in the short time I had to play. This will be even more pronounced using Kinect IMO.

I had a couple of chips and I flubbed both of them because in Tournament mode I could not manage the strike meter properly to get the right impact point on the ball. I was always way underneath the ball which resulted in a very short chip. If I had enough time, I had planned to go the AN Practice Facility to check this and other things out. I also found the ball physics to be vastly improved as EA had stated earlier. Again, take this information as it is because I was processing quite a bit of information in a very limited amount of time. My overall feeling of the game is that I think Tournament mode will be much more challenging than 11 or 12, especially out of the rough AND bunkers with the wireless controller, but I also think the ultimate challenge for sim users will be playing with Kinect which at this point I am anxious to get my hands on for an extended period of time.
Thanks for the info. To expand with my chipping question, does the chipping animation swing look realistic in terms of backswing and speed and just overall natural feel and looking like it would with a real golfer doing the same chip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »