Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss409
when playing with the kinect can you swing with a real golf club in your hands or not?
Yes, you can...just make sure you have plenty of room....
Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Yes, you can...just make sure you have plenty of room....
thanks dude thats awesome. Gonna go buy a 360 and kinect right now. SO PUMPED
Old 03-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
How do you figure when there are 150 or so golfers for every tournament playing at least 36 holes per round then, another 70 or so playing the final 36 holes? There are numerous data points for each golfer's stats with which to determine how the golfer will play each round with all of the course variables. 150 golfers versus 22 football players on the field at any given time or 1o basketball players on the court at any given time.....can't see where you come to your conclusion "as far as AI is concerned a video golf game doesn't have much to worry about" .......
Ahhh Divot, gotta love how you always have to create a counterargument (no matter how off base) if there is any criticism levelled at the TW franchise. You don't need to be a programmer to realize that the AI in other sports games is much harder to code and is time consuming. It's almost like you take some personal offense to any valid criticism of the game. The franchise has flaws just like almost every other sports franchise. I'm ecstatic with the Move implementation this year but it doesn't mean that the series doesn't have major missteps with the sim aspect of it in other areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Ahhh Divot, gotta love how you always have to create a counterargument (no matter how off base) if there is any criticism levelled at the TW franchise. You don't need to be a programmer to realize that the AI in other sports games is much harder to code and is time consuming. It's almost like you take some personal offense to any valid criticism of the game.
Absolute bull****. I have a different opinion. That is all. It doesn't make either one of us "right"....
Old 03-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Absolute bull****. I have a different opinion. That is all. It doesn't make either one of us "right"....
Spreadsheet #'s versus a vast amount of possible outcomes heavily dependant on user input. Nahhh...I'm pretty sure I win this argument.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #94
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Played the demo and can't get into it. Driving the ball is supper easy, no thought involved. The short game is a mess with the new swing motion. I'll check out the reviews when the game does come out but it is not a first day buy.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #95
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Spreadsheet #'s versus a vast amount of possible outcomes heavily dependant on user input. Nahhh...I'm pretty sure I win this argument.
So where do you think AI data for other types of game AI comes from? Yeah, you win......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #96
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

I think too much is made of the swing mechanic, in my opinion. Yea, some iterations are better than others (from year to year), but they are all basically the same. As long as you can scale the difficulty I think most people will find a setting that suits them. As for the demo, I'm still clueless on how to execute pitch shots, and putting seems far more difficult than it should be (even on easier settings). I'll chalk that up to me not fully understanding the new controls and some bugs inherent in the demo.

For my money, I'd really like to see the career mode and overall atmosphere improved. The galleries look much better this year, so that's a good start, but playing the game still lacks any feeling that you're actually "in the game" as other sports games do. It especially struck me when the camera showed my golfer (I think it was Tiger) walking down the fairway all by himself after hitting a shot. No caddie carrying the bag, no walking scorer, no camera or mike guys, nothing. And "tournament atmosphere" was turned on. It's the little things like this that are missing and immediately pull you out of any feeling of actually playing a tour event.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »