Home

don't understand the silly low scores on hard settings

This is a discussion on don't understand the silly low scores on hard settings within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
don't understand the silly low scores on hard settings

I joined a country club with hard swing meter, no caddy, no putt preview. I've been playing offline to practice and build my skills. I'm shooting below par almost every time out now with expert swing meter, no caddy, no putt preview. Low round is 63. I may have to adjust skills to make it more realistic.

I go to my country club and check the tourneys, where the leaders are shooting -25 and -30 every round. First off, I'll never understand the fun of that. I want something that resembles real golf.

Secondly, how do they do that on those settings? With no in-flight spin and that other arcade junk? I guess I'm relegated to offline play. Which is OK, because this is far and away the best Tiger ever, at least as the swing mechanics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: don't understand the silly low scores on hard settings

First... Just because the CC may be set as a Tour Pro or Tournament, does not mean every Daily will be set that way. The admin has full discretion to make the tournament Amatuer or Pro or any combination in between....

Second... If the CC has been running for awhile, I can personally tell you, changing up the Dailies is a must. People flat out get sick of the same settings over and over and over. So throwing in a 9 hole tournament or an Amatuer or a Tournament setting here or there keeps it fresh. Maybe even playing the Red Tees...

Finally... I am willing to bet, the tournament you saw those scores in were from the Red Tees. That means 80% of the Par 4's were drivable. It also could have been one with easier putting settings.

So if the Daily is still in the que from yesterday... Look at the settings and I am willing to bet Red Tees and Easier set up.

Many people in this game enjoy posting low scores.... In fact it is the vast majority of people who play the game. Just look at the participation in the Live Tournament Dailies. 700-1000 people play the Amatuer. 30-50 people play in Tournament mode. I personally enjoy shooting low and do not enjoy struggling to make par on Tournament settings with gusty winds. That to me is very unfun....
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 05-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for the info and perspective. Different strokes as far as difficulty, I guess. Birdie on every hole just isn't golf to me. I could do without the ridiculous wind, though.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
If you want to play on amateur or pro, you have to consider par as -18. So anything better than -18 is just your score. Birdie is a par and eagle is a birdie. You can go one step further and add the par 3s as normal so -14 is par for the course so if you shoot a 22 under you can consider it a -8 for the day.

To really enjoy the game you have to stop comparing it to real life. It's a video game and plays 100% as a video game in its normal modes. Tournament mode to me is not fun, it's more frustrating than anything.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 05-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Tournament mode to me is not fun, it's more frustrating than anything.
Different strokes for different folks....some want an arcade game and some want a Golf game that actually play like one. The arcade scores in AM and Pro are not Golf scores. they are "shooting fish in a barrel" scores, but if you like that sort of thing, more power to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Living The Dream!

Victor99's Arena

OVR: 9
Talking Re: don't understand the silly low scores on hard settings

Unfortunately this has been going on for many years with TW online matches/online tournaments. IMO, it's a bunch of bs and is the main reason why I don't play TW online anymore. -20 on a single 18 hole round? C'mon, gimmie a break. Having to birdie every single hole just to even have a chance of winning a tournament? No thanks, I'll pass. Using boost pins, top tier club sets and maxed out attributes? I don't think so, not for me.

I play on Tour Pro difficulty with most of the assists turned off and I generally shoot around -5 per round give or take. Yes, I realize I'm an average player at best. But for me, it's a challenge and it feels like real golf.
Sorry for the rant, just my two cents.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor99
Unfortunately this has been going on for many years with TW online matches/online tournaments. IMO, it's a bunch of bs and is the main reason why I don't play TW online anymore. -20 on a single 18 hole round? C'mon, gimmie a break. Having to birdie every single hole just to even have a chance of winning a tournament? No thanks, I'll pass. Using boost pins, top tier club sets and maxed out attributes? I don't think so, not for me.

I play on Tour Pro difficulty with most of the assists turned off and I generally shoot around -5 per round give or take. Yes, I realize I'm an average player at best. But for me, it's a challenge and it feels like real golf.
Sorry for the rant, just my two cents.
I agree totally on your post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Figadas's Arena

OVR: 0

Leebuchanan, are you on PS3 or X360?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »