Home

To online gamers...time to grow up

This is a discussion on To online gamers...time to grow up within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

OVR: 4
To online gamers...time to grow up

Can we please stop playing on 'Pro' difficulty online? If you are not good, i understand. But if you are shooting 20 under, how is that fun?

***Skill levels should be determined by difficulty!!

Pro- 35 max
T. Pro - 50 max
Tourn- 75 max
Sim- 100 max

I think this would motivate people to try harder levels and actually play the game.

My GT is Rudy 22 G, i play Sim but with normal shot shaping.
"You scared bro?" ...nah man, i just dont play on Pro....bro
M12 (11-5, 1-1 AFC Champs) (9-7, 0-0) (11-5, 2-1 AFC Champs)
M13 (11-5, 0-1) (8-8, 0-0) (12-4, 1-1)
M25 ??????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: To online gamers...time to grow up

So much I want to say but I will leave it with this....

Another "I Only" therefore every one else should....

Seriously, I like to shoot -20 or better.... So do many in the game... You do not... So do many in the game.... It takes all of us to make a community. Its why there are different game modes. If what you said was the case, the game loses half its base of players..... How does that help anything in the game?

Find the group you like to play with and the settings and enjoy. Why care what everyone else is doing? It makes you sound bitter that you feel you cant compete.....
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 05-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

Every week I play in the country club tour event. I find it fun. Its starts ultra-easy and then ramps up to pretty hard by the 4th round. I know that even on my best days, I am not shooting -23 in the first two rounds. I did shoot -19 one time and was totally pumped. That same week I should +1 on the fourth round. At the time I finished, that was the best 4th round posted.

I like the idea of that tournament. I like seeing the -23 people shoot a bunch over par on the last round. I like playing amateur to figure out how the ball reacts on the green and to the wind in certain situations.

I think there is a time and place for every type of play. Personally, I would not want to play your settings because I think the normal shot shaping is too easy, and does not simulate a real golf swing as much as the advanced shot shaping. But I play with it a couple times a week, and have fun those two times.

I'd suggest finding a country club that plays your settings ... and just forgetting about everything else.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
So much I want to say but I will leave it with this....

Another "I Only" therefore every one else should....

Seriously, I like to shoot -20 or better.... So do many in the game... You do not... So do many in the game.... It takes all of us to make a community. Its why there are different game modes. If what you said was the case, the game loses half its base of players..... How does that help anything in the game?

Find the group you like to play with and the settings and enjoy. Why care what everyone else is doing? It makes you sound bitter that you feel you cant compete.....
I care because it makes it difficult for guys like me (which apparently are few) to find a game online. Sure the country club with your personal ideal settings is fun, but who wants to play the same people all the time? I'm just encouraging people to try harder levels. Players who play on pro, don't have to calculate wind as much, green speed, or their lie. You can literally attack the pin no matter the angle or green. If shooting -20 under everytime you log in is your cup of tea, thats fine- But i would encourage you to graduate to higher levels in the game. Once you master tour pro and you are shooting -15 under at a good pace, move to tournament, and so on.

I guess to me, calculating the game is challenging and fun. Its easy for you to find a game... literally 20 games to choose from in the sessions.
M25 ??????
Old 05-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD8802
Every week I play in the country club tour event. I find it fun. Its starts ultra-easy and then ramps up to pretty hard by the 4th round. I know that even on my best days, I am not shooting -23 in the first two rounds. I did shoot -19 one time and was totally pumped. That same week I should +1 on the fourth round. At the time I finished, that was the best 4th round posted.

I like the idea of that tournament. I like seeing the -23 people shoot a bunch over par on the last round. I like playing amateur to figure out how the ball reacts on the green and to the wind in certain situations.

I think there is a time and place for every type of play. Personally, I would not want to play your settings because I think the normal shot shaping is too easy, and does not simulate a real golf swing as much as the advanced shot shaping. But I play with it a couple times a week, and have fun those two times.

I'd suggest finding a country club that plays your settings ... and just forgetting about everything else.
Exactly my point. I wish those -20 under players would try harder levels that they struggle at so more people online have different difficulites to chose from.

**I am just now starting to practice the diagnol swing!
M25 ??????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

here's an idea, play the tournaments on "tournament" or simulation level that they have set up for people daily. stop looking for head to head games that way. you complaining about it here on OS wont make those thousands of people that dont come here stop playing on pro.

i cant stand pro/tourpro. i play on settings between tournament and simulation, as do my country club guys.

maybe even find a country club to play with that suit your play style tastes.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
here's an idea, play the tournaments on "tournament" or simulation level that they have set up for people daily. stop looking for head to head games that way. you complaining about it here on OS wont make those thousands of people that dont come here stop playing on pro.

i cant stand pro/tourpro. i play on settings between tournament and simulation, as do my country club guys.

maybe even find a country club to play with that suit your play style tastes.

You either need to learn how to read, or go back and read my posts.
M25 ??????
Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

To each his/her own is my take. Let me get my popcorn ready for this thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »