Home

Jack's Record Is Safe

This is a discussion on Jack's Record Is Safe within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Jack's Record Is Safe

I don't know what to think of Fox's coverage today. I really don't like the remedial way that some of the announcers are talking but I guess they are trying to attract casual viewers so they are simplifying things but I kinda like these little mini clips showcasing golfers. Makes the broadcast feel more vibrant and alive. As long as they don't show any nightclub golf, I'm OK with it being more jazzed up.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #50

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I don't know what to think of Fox's coverage today. I really don't like the remedial way that some of the announcers are talking but I guess they are trying to attract casual viewers so they are simplifying things but I kinda like these little mini clips showcasing golfers. Makes the broadcast feel more vibrant and alive. As long as they don't show any nightclub golf, I'm OK with it being more jazzed up.
I absolutely hate it.

Maybe Buck is causing me to swing to the other side of the fence but I hate their overlays, I HATE only randomly getting the distance to the hole.

I do like the top five being in the lower right at all times but that's about the only thing I like.

I prefer the consistency of the layouts with either of the other networks.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I absolutely hate it.

Maybe Buck is causing me to swing to the other side of the fence but I hate their overlays, I HATE only randomly getting the distance to the hole.

I do like the top five being in the lower right at all times but that's about the only thing I like.

I prefer the consistency of the layouts with either of the other networks.
I miss Johnny Miller. Except he would ripping a new one on Tiger right now, who clearly is not prepared to play today. That shot out of the sand....just wow. He's playing like Judge Smail right now.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him right now. As much as I can for a gazillionare who plays golf for a living and has banged half the women in the free world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 18

I hate the Fox presentation and the camera angles are terrible. Buck is terrible. Not a fan of the course either. I am waiting for Randy Quaid to pop out of the gallery and tackle somebody. All that's missing is the windmill.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #53
Banned

WTF???? He just totally shanked his 3 wood. Hit it about 50 yards. So much for breaking 80. I feel an injury coming on so he can get out of playing tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:42 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
WTF???? He just totally shanked his 3 wood. Hit it about 50 yards. So much for breaking 80. I feel an injury coming on so he can get out of playing tomorrow.
No he cold topped it. His head must have dropped a foot on that swing.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:53 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
No he cold topped it. His head must have dropped a foot on that swing.
OK he cold topped it. Either way he's a complete train wreck right now. He'd have trouble making the cut on the LPGA at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #56
All Star

OVR: 13

Jesus, Tiger is just....brutal. It reminds me of Rick Ankiel or Chuck Knonbluach or any of a number of very public totally inexplicable meltdowns. Although this one has been sort of lingering for a while now. The good thing is he seems to be keeping his spirits up about it (at least in the post-round interviews). He seems to believe he's on the right track, so I guess that's a positive. Which is sort of hard to believe after seeing his last few rounds. And that completely topped 3-wood...seriously. I never thought I'd ever see anything like that from a pro, let alone one of the greatest of all time. At this point, I'm not sure if he should just shut it down for the rest of the year or keep playing through it. Taking all that time off doesn't seem to have helped, and he looks okay on the range - hitting balls on the range doesn't seem to be his problem right now.

I don't mind Fox's coverage. It's different. Definitely has that Fox "feel" to it. But I actually like how they try some zany things in their sports coverage - even the much-ridiculed "comet" puck from their hockey coverage years ago, I mean, at least they're trying some different things. Some innovative ideas will fail and they'll learn. But some of it might turn out to be awesome (e.g. first-down line on football coverage which is now standard). They need to work out how to show less-than-vital made putts on delay while showing other shots live, though. For me, CBS golf coverage is still my favorite - they've got it down to a science.

Quote:
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him right now. As much as I can for a gazillionare who plays golf for a living and has banged half the women in the free world.
I would stop just short of saying I feel sorry for him (I know what you mean, though), but I definitely take no pleasure in watching one of the titans of the game publicly humiliate himself out there. It's just.....sad.

Quote:
I miss Johnny Miller.
I never thought I'd hear anybody say this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »