Home

Jack's Record Is Safe

This is a discussion on Jack's Record Is Safe within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Jack's Record Is Safe

The Fox presentation isn't as good as CBS obviously and I like Norman and most of the rest but FFS get rid of Buck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 07:22 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
The Fox presentation isn't as good as CBS obviously and I like Norman and most of the rest but FFS get rid of Buck.
Agreed. Buck needs a mute button.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 06-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 31

Careful as bad as he is right now he can still find his game again and compete.

Im not a Tiger fan but why harp on him aging when Lefty is out there getting some majors in his 40s.

He does need to swallow his pride and call Harmon to get his swing in order...the Canadian coach he had ruined him.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Careful as bad as he is right now he can still find his game again and compete.

Im not a Tiger fan but why harp on him aging when Lefty is out there getting some majors in his 40s.

He does need to swallow his pride and call Harmon to get his swing in order...the Canadian coach he had ruined him.

Woods isn't aging he's shot. Lefty won't win again the way his short game is now. Misses too many putts and lays up way too much.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
The one thing I like about Fox is that they have the top 5 players in the bottom right hand corner.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:09 PM   #70
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Woods isn't aging he's shot. Lefty won't win again the way his short game is now. Misses too many putts and lays up way too much.
Agree - the 2 players aren't analagous. Tiger is completely lost right now. I don't know if he can find his way back, and he's also injured - he can't seem to play a round without his back or knees or something acting up. That just doesn't get better as you age.

I agree that Lefty is probably in his twilight at this point; he can't compete with the young gunners like Rory and Spieth and DJ. When they're all at their best, Lefty is at best a stroke or two worse than they are. 2 years ago at Merion was, I feel, Mickelson's last shot at a US Open. He probably won't come close again, and he's now on the wrong side of 45. But I don't expect a sudden decline from him; rather a long, slow, denouement. He could still win another Masters, though, I think - that course just seems to suit his game well.

I think the Tiger/Phil era is over, but it was a good run for both. Even if Phil never wins the US Open - and increasingly it's becoming pretty clear he won't - he's still had an all-time HoF career. Tiger's career - even if he were to never tee it up again - speaks for itself. Both provided some crazy entertaining years, but it's time for the next generation to have their chance.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:49 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I don't know if he can find his way back, and he's also injured - he can't seem to play a round without his back or knees or something acting up.
Unless I am missing something, Tiger has been healthy since he left Torrey and took additional time off.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #72
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Unless I am missing something, Tiger has been healthy since he left Torrey and took additional time off.
No, I don't think you're missing anything, but it just seems (to me) like he's always stretching or reaching for his back and grimacing or whatever when he hits a bad shot. Although, I can't tell if he's just using that as an excuse or if something is really bothering him....I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »