Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
Sandbagger!

Trust me I'm not as good as some of the Vets from OS Bushwood CC.

That group that we had on Xbox 360/TW14 were amazing!! Now that was fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #42
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

For what it's worth, Tour Difficulty isn't much of a challenge.

It's got "Normal" swing difficulty, for example. I go into custom and put advanced lie/wind gusts on, hard swing, no shot shaping or spin, zoom off, grid with no beads--and then I don't have that crazy scoring problem.

With all of that stuff on, especially on Tour's default "normal" swing difficulty, -20 or better is pretty simple. They just missed the boat on how to make shots have some variation in them without being either laser-accurate or wildly off target, which could have created a more organic scoring result.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:40 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

OK guys, need some help.

Preordered RM and haven't opened it yet. Also interested in TGC.

Which do I go with? Don't wanna get both. Not enough info out there on TGC or how EA will support RM down the line, so I want opinions for those who may have played both.

Does TGC come with a season mode for the digital version, or is that only for the disc version?
Old 07-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch

It's got "Normal" swing difficulty, for example. I go into custom and put advanced lie/wind gusts on, hard swing, no shot shaping or spin, zoom off, grid with no beads--and then I don't have that crazy scoring problem.

With all of that stuff on, especially on Tour's default "normal" swing difficulty, -20 or better is pretty simple. They just missed the boat on how to make shots have some variation in them without being either laser-accurate or wildly off target, which could have created a more organic scoring result.

I actually should of stated Custom Difficulty. I changed everything and still blew through the tourney.

Again I'm hoping for the best but I could not recommend this game to my worst enemy in the state that it's currently in. Just my .2

Old 07-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

Spot on Terry....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #46
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
I actually should of stated Custom Difficulty. I changed everything and still blew through the tourney.

Again I'm hoping for the best but I could not recommend this game to my worst enemy in the state that it's currently in. Just my .2

Don't know what to say, then. The shot placement is too easy on any setting, but with the grid beads off, putting is much more difficult than normal setting. And if you turn the grid off entirely, it's almost impossible to hit consistent putts.

But that's neither here nor there--shots are too easy, but to compensate you have to artificially inflate your scores by making greens impossible to read. I struggle with no grids or beads, but I can generally drop shots into a hula hoop from 200 out. I wish tour would give you an aiming line, but not an exact distance--because even with Zoom off, you still see "pin 158 ^ 6 feet", and still have a marker that says "160". OK, not much wind, I know this will drop it right there.

It would be nice to just have an arrow showing direction and not giving details like that. That's what makes those crazy scores so easy, and there's no way to disable it (and for the love of all that's holy, let me get rid of the green glob). Only thing I do to compensate is make my putting worse, intentionally.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:58 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24

And all of the Season weather and course settings are average and next to no wind at least through the Bay Hill and halfway through the Troon event. Try playing Play Now with Fast or Fastest greens and winds above 8-12 MPH and see how you do......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Don't know what to say, then. The shot placement is too easy on any setting, but with the grid beads off, putting is much more difficult than normal setting. And if you turn the grid off entirely, it's almost impossible to hit consistent putts.

But that's neither here nor there--shots are too easy, but to compensate you have to artificially inflate your scores by making greens impossible to read. I struggle with no grids or beads, but I can generally drop shots into a hula hoop from 200 out. I wish tour would give you an aiming line, but not an exact distance--because even with Zoom off, you still see "pin 158 ^ 6 feet", and still have a marker that says "160". OK, not much wind, I know this will drop it right there.

It would be nice to just have an arrow showing direction and not giving details like that. That's what makes those crazy scores so easy, and there's no way to disable it (and for the love of all that's holy, let me get rid of the green glob). Only thing I do to compensate is make my putting worse, intentionally.

The above mentioned pretty much is the only way. Taking the grid/beads off is pretty much the only option I have to to increase the difficulty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »