Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Online Modes Review

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Online Modes Review within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Online Modes Review

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour wasn't reviewed in the greatest light earlier this week from us, but we wanted to give the online options a bit more time before writing any opinions on how they're stacking up. Not since Tiger Woods 14 have fans of the sport of Golf had an outlet to play golf online, at least on a console. The tagline for the game claims that users can hit the links, and “golf without limits”. While that tagline may be catchy, it’s not necessarily correct.

What does Rory McIlroy PGA Tour offer fans who have waited so long to hit the digital course online? Let's dive in and find out.

Read More - Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Online Modes Review
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
At this point, I'd give the Online Tournaments a thumbs-down also. I was at least expecting to see an updated, hole-by-hole leaderboard as the round progressed, but all you get is the leaderboard before you start the round and afterwards. It's not dynamic at all and I found it rather lifeless. I was sort of hoping that they would be able to do the Connected Tournaments bit they did in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, where you could see the shot telemetries of other players who were playing the round concurrently with you. I think criticisms like this will be addressed over time, but right now, this game has very little appeal to me in the online area. It doesn't do much for me offline at this point either, but that's another story that has no relevance in this topic.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 07-19-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 31
Not since Tiger Woods 14 have fans of the sport of Golf had an outlet to play golf online, at least on a console.

- The Golf Club has online.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
Rookie

jaygaming901's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Online Modes Review

Where is the match play? I've only seen it in offline?
Old 07-18-2015, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Is it just me or are the pictures used to market this game not on par with what the game actually is?

I'm not saying it's a bad looking game but It's not a stand out game graphically like the pictures suggest in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2015, 12:45 AM   #6
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
All I can say is this (don't want to bash this game too hard even though it would be merited), I'm glad that I had EA Access so I didn't waste $60 on this. I hope that one of the Xbox 360 games ported over to One is TW14, that will be the only thing close to a decent golf game on a next-gen console.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:07 AM   #7
Banned

Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Online Modes Review

Tw14 was ridiculously easy. The putting was silly as you just aimed and whacked the ball in the hole from 10 yards and it always went in.
If you could combine the graphical quality and high gameplay quality on RM with the options on TW 14 you may have the perfect golf game. It all depends what type of game you want. The online game with Rm is not good with not enough three click tournaments. Sadly most seem to play the arcade level which is roughly what tw14 was. For me it's a pointless level and provides zero challenge. It's fine to have it in there, but we need every course available on a daily basis for online tournaments. I've never managed to get on online head to head game as no-one wants to play (when I am online) the game at the hardest level.
A real pity
Old 07-19-2015, 10:08 AM   #8
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

Let's face it the game sucks. Customization sucks. The career sucks. Online sucks. Commentary sucks. This game blows

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »