Home

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

This is a discussion on Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2018, 07:56 PM   #161
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

A little disappointed that this wasn't on sale during Steam's latest sale. But really would like a good PC online league and not just a ladder. Ladders never seem to end and the proverbial PC cheaters are always there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #162
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Less than an hour after I posted my previous message here, Mike Jones came in and made the first official post we've seen about the TrackMan Golf acquisition of Perfect Parallel:

"I have traditionally let AJ make any official announcements as he has always been the corporate figurehead of the company as well as one of the creators and developers of PG. I had a chat with him earlier today about making an announcement to the PG community so something 'official' should be in the news soon. We can't just announce things whenever we like anymore, we need to get authorisation from the powers that be at Trackman so apologies for the lack of hard information but we're not always free to say exactly what we are working on.

For my part I can say that work continues on PG2. With the tremendous support and resources Trackman has given us access so things are moving faster than ever. Of course Trackman's primary use for our graphics is for their simulator and range products and also our continuing work with TV Broadcasters. In that way nothing really has changed as we have always had to give a significant amount of our time and efforts in those directions anyway. The difference is that now with additional staff and support we can multitask a little more efficiently!

As far as PG2 is concerned nothing is off the table and that includes PC and Console releases. We have already started to convert our courses over to the new PG2 graphics and things are looking good. Many of you have also seen the new UI graphics interface which addresses one of the big issues people had with PG1 and work continues on that. We still have the same passion for PG and golf gaming in general as we had when this project got underway. It's been a roller coaster and we are not done yet!

AJ will have more news so hopefully he will be able to post soon with more information. Thx for bearing with us!"

I'd say the future for Perfect Golf 2 looks a bit brighter now, even for the consoles!
That’s good news. I grew up with the old Jack Nicklaus games for pc as a kid. It’d be great to see his name on a console golf game. I think his name being tied to it will bring in more casual golf fans, then tiger did with ea. Speaking from a sim/arcade standpoint.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #163
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
"I have traditionally let AJ make any official announcements as he has always been the corporate figurehead of the company as well as one of the creators and developers of PG. I had a chat with him earlier today about making an announcement to the PG community so something 'official' should be in the news soon."

So much for soon - nearly a month has gone by since then
Old 03-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #164
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
So much for soon - nearly a month has gone by since then
I know... the mood is pretty dismal in the Perfect Golf community right now. I'd have loved to have seen a DirectX 12, Turf Effects, mo-capped golfer version of this game hit the the PC, and possibly the XBox One market, but I think it's an afterthought now.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #165
MVP

Quote:
I know... the mood is pretty dismal in the Perfect Golf community right now. I'd have loved to have seen a DirectX 12, Turf Effects, mo-capped golfer version of this game hit the the PC, and possibly the XBox One market, but I think it's an afterthought now.

Do you mean Trackman Golf 5 for the Trackman Sim hardware?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #166
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Do you mean Trackman Golf 5 for the Trackman Sim hardware?
Yes, that's a far more likely title now... I'm still going to hold a little hope for this and chalk the recent lack of communication up to buyout lockdown, but business logic favors your take on this.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:39 AM   #167
MVP

Quote:
Yes, that's a far more likely title now... I'm still going to hold a little hope for this and chalk the recent lack of communication up to buyout lockdown, but business logic favors your take on this.
I'm holding out hope as well as it's all we have. It would seem smart of them to say something before too much longer if they don't want to completely alienate the users they still have on PC.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #168
MVP

The OP was May 3rd, 2016 and included "soon for consoles"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »