Home

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

This is a discussion on Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #193
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

Got a question here about Perfect Golf that maybe bluengold34_OS can answer: does Trackman own Perfect Parallel, or just the game, Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf? I'm thinking it must be the latter, otherwise Mike Jones wouldn't have said in the official forum that the ending of the Simulator Pass for Perfect Golf with Trackman next August would make a PC/Console version of Perfect Golf 2 more likely.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #194
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

I got an answer to my question about who owns who in the Perfect Golf forum. Trackman actually owns Perfect Parallel and Perfect Golf/Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf. If there is to be a Perfect Golf 2, it will have to be with Trackman's consent. I understand that Andrew Jones and Mike Jones each work for Trackman now. As Mike said last week, the ending of the Simulator Pass next August for JNPB probably makes a Perfect Golf 2 for the PC and consoles more likely. I guess nobody would be in a better position than he to make a statement like that?

The ending of the Simulator Pass for JNPG courses on the Trackman simulator probably means that all Trackman courses will be proprietary, in-house courses going forward. I'm just trying to envision a company that's used to selling mega-buck simulators and commanding costly subscription fees, being willing to spend development dollars and resources on a small market golf game for the PC and console(s)?
Old 09-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #195
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I got an answer to my question about who owns who in the Perfect Golf forum. Trackman actually owns Perfect Parallel and Perfect Golf/Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf. If there is to be a Perfect Golf 2, it will have to be with Trackman's consent. I understand that Andrew Jones and Mike Jones each work for Trackman now. As Mike said last week, the ending of the Simulator Pass next August for JNPB probably makes a Perfect Golf 2 for the PC and consoles more likely. I guess nobody would be in a better position than he to make a statement like that?

The ending of the Simulator Pass for JNPG courses on the Trackman simulator probably means that all Trackman courses will be proprietary, in-house courses going forward. I'm just trying to envision a company that's used to selling mega-buck simulators and commanding costly subscription fees, being willing to spend development dollars and resources on a small market golf game for the PC and console(s)?
Seems unlikely.....unless they want to incorporate the existing game into their simulators somehow to further 'game-ify' golf practice/simulators?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 12:33 AM   #196
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Seems unlikely.....unless they want to incorporate the existing game into their simulators somehow to further 'game-ify' golf practice/simulators?
I think you're right!
Old 11-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #197
MVP

OVR: 0

Just a note that Virtual Golf 2 was released today by Trackman.

VG2 is built on (basically is) what Perfect Golf 2.0 was going to be...before Trackman purchased Perfect Parallel and the Perfect Golf IP.

So, PG1 is officially the old and essentially abandoned game at this point (sadly).

I’ve remained hopeful there’d be some bone thrown to PG1 on PC users, and maybe one day there will be, but as of now it looks like the future of this software has moved on and it, unsurprisingly, is for Trackman hardware users only.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #198
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Icon9 Re: Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Just a note that Virtual Golf 2 was released today by Trackman.

VG2 is built on (basically is) what Perfect Golf 2.0 was going to be...before Trackman purchased Perfect Parallel and the Perfect Golf IP.

So, PG1 is officially the old and essentially abandoned game at this point (sadly).

I’ve remained hopeful there’d be some bone thrown to PG1 on PC users, and maybe one day there will be, but as of now it looks like the future of this software has moved on and it, unsurprisingly, is for Trackman hardware users only.
VG2 looks awesome, but sadly I don't think we'll ever see it made for a desktop PC. It is what a next-gen golf game should look like in 2019!
Old 11-21-2019, 08:36 PM   #199
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
VG2 looks awesome, but sadly I don't think we'll ever see it made for a desktop PC. It is what a next-gen golf game should look like in 2019!
Yeah - I was holding out hope for some curveball of a quiet simultaneous release of PG2 in some form or another, but that was honestly dreaming..

This has gone as any good prognosticator would assume it would, unfortunately.

It's very bittersweet to see the evolution of the PG1 base and not be able to play it.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:01 PM   #200
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I was applying the Dodgeball movie catch phrase the JNPG 1 at this point: aim low.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »