Home

Tiger Woods lost DLC Courses and a Possible Solution for XBox 360 and PS3 users

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods lost DLC Courses and a Possible Solution for XBox 360 and PS3 users within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tiger Woods lost DLC Courses and a Possible Solution for XBox 360 and PS3 users

Since Tiger Woods took his name off of EA's PGA Tour game 2 years ago all of the DLC courses for all TW PGA games are officially history pretty much rendering playablility of these games for those who buy them used useless. I have the Master's Version of TW14 with the TPC 4 course pack but was too late to buy the 14 course pack to complete the course selection in the game.

Does anyone seriously know if there a solution to this via transferring the DLC course files from one user to another by these routes?

Taking the file from the XBox 360 or PS3 and putting it on a HDD and then emailing it to another user who will do the reverse process by loading it on a HDD and then putting it on their console?

or (for XBox only)

Giving another user access to your Microsoft account and having them drop the DLC files into your cloud file to transfer it to your console's hard drive?

I am really desperate to get the remaining 14 TW 14 DLC files and would like to try and get them and then (if it works) pass the favor on to others so that we can all continue to enjoy the last complete PGA game on the consoles.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 04:06 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Tiger Woods lost DLC Courses and a Possible Solution for XBox 360 and PS3 users

I've just about given up on finding the DLC download - by ANY method. I'll not "upgrade" to the Rory McIlroy edition, so am stuck with the courses on the original disk. I'm thinking about buying the Masters Edition, but not sure the course variety is what I'd like for the $$$$$.

You'd think EA Sports would support their products better than the do......
Old 05-10-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods lost DLC Courses and a Possible Solution for XBox 360 and PS3 users

I don't think I would be so hell bent on getting those remaining courses if Bethpage Black (my hometown course) was included on TW14 from the start. Every year I have to skip the Barclays since Bethpage is a DLC course which effects my FedEx Cup standing in the Playoffs.

I have TW13 Masters Edition also just to play Bethpage, Whistling Straits, Celtic Manor, and The Els Club (I just came back from a deployment to the UAE so now I have interest in the course) for leisure.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Banned

It really has nothing to do with EA supporting their product. The separation between Tiger and EA was not congenial, and they cannot legally sell anything with his name on it. As someone who owned the game when it came out, I can download all the courses just fine, so the support is there.

I'll also say that after playing RM, going back to the old TW was pretty painful. What I really miss, the Country Clubs, is pointless now. And the better career mode in TW loses its appeal when the play on the course is such a step back.

I'm just not sure it's worth the time, effort, and money to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
MVP

Hope I'm wrong, but it is doubtful anything could be done with that as they are DLC files and not save files. Save files can be assigned new users with Modio and Horizon. If DLC files were that easy to hack, Microsoft would have a problem on their hands and all DLC could be pirated.

Luckily I bit the bullet and bought all courses when they had a sale a few months after Tiger Woods 14 came out, so I'm set. If I could share it with all of you, I would though. My thought is EA needs to continue to offer these for sale and if they choose not to, then we should be able to acquire them in any way possible. So if some way is found of sharing, let me know.

Last edited by baconbits11; 05-12-2016 at 09:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Hope I'm wrong, but it is doubtful anything could be done with that as they are DLC files and not save files. Save files can be assigned new users with Modio and Horizon. If DLC files were that easy to hack, Microsoft would have a problem on their hands and all DLC could be pirated.

Luckily I bit the bullet and bought all courses when they had a sale a few months after Tiger Woods 14 came out, so I'm set. If I could share it with all of you, I would though. My thought is EA needs to continue to offer these for sale and if they choose not to, then we should be able to acquire them in any way possible. So if some way is found of sharing, let me know.
They can't. They have cut ties with Tiger and cannot offer any TW14 content as new DLC. If you bought the DLC before they terminated their agreement with Tiger and downloaded them into your game, they should be able to be downloaded again anytime,

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #7
MVP

That's my biggest peeve with DLC esp for sports games. If you don't buy a game within a certain time frame, you don't get it complete. EA should have included all courses with the retail game. Could you imagine if MLB The Show released 16 stadiums on the disc and the other 14 in DLC? Then oh about two years later they take down that DLC.

It would be ridiculous. It's like EA giving their consumers a big
Old 05-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
That's my biggest peeve with DLC esp for sports games. If you don't buy a game within a certain time frame, you don't get it complete. EA should have included all courses with the retail game. Could you imagine if MLB The Show released 16 stadiums on the disc and the other 14 in DLC? Then oh about two years later they take down that DLC.

It would be ridiculous. It's like EA giving their consumers a big
Disagree. MLB has the MLB license and MLB Players license so all the stadiums and players are part of the license agreement.

For TW and RM, EA has the PGA TOUR license. But that does not include any of the courses from the PGA TOUR Season and does not include any of the Golfers as there is no PGA TOUR Players Association. So you are comparing apples to oranges.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

Last edited by DivotMaker; 05-12-2016 at 11:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »