Home

The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #489
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
For some reason its real difficult to use a newer controller while playing this game. I can never hit anything straight using player clubs. Have been playing this since release with an older controller and it was perfect, but that controller doesn't work anymore so had to buy a new one and its a different game. Total shank fest even on putts. Anyone have the same problem or any kind of solution would be welcomed.
I've noticed something similar. This is purely an uneducated guess but I think there must be something in older controllers that gets worn enough to prevent (or not sense) wiggle. My solution with newer controllers is to watch the controller stick once I start my swing. I won't say that there's anything particularly magical about that other than just causing me to be more aware of my thumb getting lazy when I don't look. Once I play a few holes looking, I find that I can do a round or so without looking and it's improved but it's never seemed to be a permanent fix. Though that could be that I don't have a ton of time to play other than on the weekends.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #490
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
http://www.thegolfclub2019.com/

Enjoy! I am sure Steve will create a new thread soon....
Interesting - I just recently got golf club 2 and I'm enjoying it. Got my handicap to scratch and upgraded to tour clubs.

I ordinarily don't "joystick" games but I'm enjoying this one. I'll be looking forward to seeing what the new game consists of.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:29 AM   #491
Pro

vertman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I've noticed something similar. This is purely an uneducated guess but I think there must be something in older controllers that gets worn enough to prevent (or not sense) wiggle. My solution with newer controllers is to watch the controller stick once I start my swing. I won't say that there's anything particularly magical about that other than just causing me to be more aware of my thumb getting lazy when I don't look. Once I play a few holes looking, I find that I can do a round or so without looking and it's improved but it's never seemed to be a permanent fix. Though that could be that I don't have a ton of time to play other than on the weekends.
Update, very odd but I just purchased a new black wireless controller and the swing is perfect. I was using a brand new white or as ive heard others call it an xbox one S controller and that thing was awful for the swing in the golf club but obviously fine for any other game. Not sure but maybe it is an input lag issue with the S controllers that doesn't exist with the original design controllers. Who knows but if anyone else is having this issue try this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #492
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
Update, very odd but I just purchased a new black wireless controller and the swing is perfect. I was using a brand new white or as ive heard others call it an xbox one S controller and that thing was awful for the swing in the golf club but obviously fine for any other game. Not sure but maybe it is an input lag issue with the S controllers that doesn't exist with the original design controllers. Who knows but if anyone else is having this issue try this.
Now this is interesting...the controller that seems to be the most consistent for me is also a black one. My blue, red, and slate grey (Uncharted) are all fine but I notice more wiggle. Of course, the black is my original so it doesn't rule out age as the main factor but it is strange that your NEW black one is better.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:34 AM   #493
Pro

vertman's Arena

[quote=woodjer;2049271307]Now this is interesting...the controller that seems to be the most consistent for me is also a black one. My blue, red, and slate grey (Uncharted) are all fine but I notice more wiggle. Of course, the black is my original so it doesn't rule out age as the main factor but it is strange that your NEW black one is better.[/QUOTIts

Its crazy. I have tried 3 new white controllers and finally switched back to the black which I originally had but it just stopped working just last week. It was about 3 years old and I got it with my original xbox. I belong to tgctours so I play weekly online tournaments so I play quite a bit and the black controllers perform way better than the white. It has to be something to do with input lag or the design of the controllers. I know the game lags from time to time especially while playing online tourneys, plus the game is always connected to the internet. Not sure if there is a correlation there but very odd to say the least.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #494
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

Need help!

Played Golf Club 1 when it first was released, I liked it but something about it I just couldn’t get into it overall. Just picked up Golf Club 2 and love the customization and most of the gameplay but can just not get a feel for putting.

It just feels like the ball rolls and turns really weirdly, it’s hard to explain but it always feels like I’m putting on glass and the ball is just sliding every where. Same thing with some of the green interactions on wedge shots and approach shots in general.

Is there any tips or tricks to make putting just a little less frustrating? I’m dying for a golf game I can really enjoy but the frustration level with the putting is going to drive me insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #495
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel your pain with the concrete greens. About the only thing I can suggest is pay attention to the green speeds when selecting a course, and try to find some that are slower. Too bad you can't select green speeds, time of day, etc when starting a round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 06:18 PM   #496
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMN
I feel your pain with the concrete greens. About the only thing I can suggest is pay attention to the green speeds when selecting a course, and try to find some that are slower. Too bad you can't select green speeds, time of day, etc when starting a round.

Playing a bunch of this game lately and I kind of have it figured out. And by figured out I mean I’m doing everything in my power to not put myself in bad positions. Honestly I was playing this like a video game but now I’m taking much more time on my approaches, taking my medicine if I miss a fairway, and just putting super defensively. So far it’s been very rewarding, despite some ridiculous putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »