Home

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Interest Poll

This is a discussion on TGC 2019 Multiplayer Interest Poll within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which of the following best describes your TGC 2019 plans for multiplayer online?
Will play both online matchmaking and private matches 6 50.00%
Will play online matchmaking matches 1 8.33%
Will play private matches 1 8.33%
Will not play online multiplayer at all 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: TGC 2019 Multiplayer Interest Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Yeah, a good way to put what TGC 2019 is going to have is an automated matchmaking 'lobby', minus what most people think of as a lobby. I don't think you're going to see a pool of available players, you're just going to enter your desired competition type, like stroke, match, skins, fourball, alt-shot, and let the game pair you up with a match that meets your choices.

As for the lobby chat, I can live without out it, although in the first 6 to 10 months of Perfect Golf's existence, I ran into some interesting and engaging chats in their multiplayer chatbox.

I see
Is that of interest to people?

(the automated part - not knowing who, just giving them "any match that matches their desire")

I know that does absolutely nothing for me, but I assume they think or know that people want that?
Old 03-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #10
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I see

(the automated part - not knowing who, just giving them "any match that matches their desire")

I know that does absolutely nothing for me, but I assume they think or know that people want that?

I think you have to keep in mind the societies.
I think most of us will be using private matches.
At any rate , HB will be keeping us all informed as to how multi-player will be working come launch.
As it is now, I only play against a few guys online. We talk over our iPhones and setting up a match is fairly easy. While not ideal, it works for us all pretty well.
Even in tgctour events, we all play at the same time.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
I think you have to keep in mind the societies.
I think most of us will be using private matches.
At any rate , HB will be keeping us all informed as to how multi-player will be working come launch.
As it is now, I only play against a few guys online. We talk over our iPhones and setting up a match is fairly easy. While not ideal, it works for us all pretty well.
Even in tgctour events, we all play at the same time.

So you'd would or would not be interested in the automated match making then?
I guess I'm confused what you're indicating about your interest in that as a feature

Do societies have a use for it?
(have no clue about TGC2 - I got a refund quickly when I saw no real match play)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I see

The online matchmaking is necessary if you want to get ranked. Some will have an interest in that. I'll be doing some online matchmaking in TGC 2019, as I've done this in every game prior in which it was offered. I do it because I occasionally find some competition which is compelling and have made a number of new friends this way. OTOH, I more often than not encounter someone who will quit when they fall behind, or they're displaying shot results that suggest to me that they're using unauthorized control methods

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 03-12-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
OTOH, I more often than not encounter someone who will quit when they fall behind, are displaying shot results that suggest to me that they're using unauthorized control methods
lol - gotta' love online play sometimes, 'eh?
Old 03-14-2018, 12:22 PM   #14
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
So you'd would or would not be interested in the automated match making then?
I guess I'm confused what you're indicating about your interest in that as a feature

Do societies have a use for it?
(have no clue about TGC2 - I got a refund quickly when I saw no real match play)
I would be interested, but I probably wouldn’t use it that much, but who knows right?
There are days when I want to hop on and play against somebody, anybody so on those days, then yeah it would be useful.
But really for me, I would rather play online against people in my society rather than a random. I’m sure we will be able to do both.
So I’m happy

Last edited by lions67; 03-14-2018 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Need to add

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »