Home

Anyone Playing Tiger Woods 10???

This is a discussion on Anyone Playing Tiger Woods 10??? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Anyone Playing Tiger Woods 10???

Just curious. I only have a Ps3 because of the last NCAA football game. I got Tiger Woods 10 at a steal and I am loving this game. Anyone still playing it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Anyone Playing Tiger Woods 10???

Not 10, but I play a ton of TW 14 on PS3 still, yep!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #3
Banned

I still think TW 11 was the best overall version of the game, but TW12 has the Masters, and is just about as good. They just dropped a feature I liked. If you can find TW premium edition, it has a ton of content with extra courses. I found a copy at GameStop for like $20, but it has been several years.

Overall, I really loved the run of TW games from !0-14. Honestly, I would probably play them if they were BC for the XB1. But they would need to be BC and still have the servers going for the Country Clubs. Those really made it a living community, and the lack of Country Clubs really killed the momentum of RMPGAT.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
Pro

@scagwi

Is the putting the same on TW14? On 2010, there is a yellow bar/meter that helps you judge power. Is that an option on 14?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:08 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
@scagwi

Is the putting the same on TW14? On 2010, there is a yellow bar/meter that helps you judge power. Is that an option on 14?

Thanks.
No, the power thing (I have it turned off) on 14 is shown right behind the club itself, sort of inline with the backswing of the virtual club. I like to play without those types of aids, as I find the whole aiming arrow to set power to be a HUGE aid already.

That's my one knock on the TW series that somewhat turns me off. The whole concept of setting distance/power in advance all over the course by just "moving an arrow around" is way way too arcade game like for me, especially relative to real golf.

I wish all the power was done with the swing & club combo itself, especially on putting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 07:58 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
No, the power thing (I have it turned off) on 14 is shown right behind the club itself, sort of inline with the backswing of the virtual club. I like to play without those types of aids, as I find the whole aiming arrow to set power to be a HUGE aid already.

That's my one knock on the TW series that somewhat turns me off. The whole concept of setting distance/power in advance all over the course by just "moving an arrow around" is way way too arcade game like for me, especially relative to real golf.

I wish all the power was done with the swing & club combo itself, especially on putting.
To be honest, this is why TW11 is my favorite., It's the only version that had the real TrueAim. You could zoom out to where the ball might land, but it didn't affect your aim. When you came back to the golfer, you used the information to choose all of that. you aimed by looking for something on the horizon, but you didn't have an arrow telling you where to hit.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:07 AM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Just curious. I only have a Ps3 because of the last NCAA football game. I got Tiger Woods 10 at a steal and I am loving this game. Anyone still playing it?
I still play it from time to time, and yes, it's my favorite Tiger Woods game of the series. I had to go into the club tuner and adjust the sweetspots of the clubs to yield the level of challenge I sought. I got them to where I'm hitting 60% FIR and 62% GIR and the game is fun to play in that mode.

I love the non zoned in, meterless precision putting of Tiger 10 the best of all. It was all on you to gauge the needed putt strength. I also love the camera cuts using the broadcast presentation option in Tiger 10's putting. It was so cool to watch the finish of the putt from the opposite side of the hole, looking back at your golfer and getting a real good idea of how the putt broke.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #8
Pro

@OnlookerDelay I have a question about TW10. When hitting approach shots, especially, I find my ball back spins even if I am putting a ton of forward spin on it. I have seen myself hit a ball from 80-150 yards away to land beside the hole only to roll back 15 feet. Any ideas?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »