Home

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR announcement

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR announcement within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #41
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR announcement

Wait, your saying the TGC 2019 career mode won’t have PGA Tour players? If so, that kind of ruins it imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #42

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
You won't be able to change the courses in the official PGA TOUR season, which is disappointing because there are some very authentic PGA TOUR courses made by users that would fit the bill nicely. I'd love to be able to insert Gerard Calitz's SHGC Tournament - Beta 2 course (a faithful replica of Shinnecock Hills) into the official PGA TOUR season the week of the U.S. Open, but there's no option to do that in the official PGA TOUR season, from what I'm reading. You might be playing an official, fictitious course like "Faxon Park" that week, for example.
^^This is somewhat disappointing. I didn't know we wouldn't be able to change the courses.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #43
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Wait, your saying the TGC 2019 career mode won’t have PGA Tour players? If so, that kind of ruins it imo.
Yeah, it's a bit of a buzzkill for sure. You can edit the fictitious names to real PGA TOUR player names, but the burden will be upon the user to physically do it, and to do the homework to ensure you're getting the player scoring tendencies to align with the proper player on the PGA TOUR. All you're going to have to go on (if it's like TGC 2) is a scoring handicap.

IMO, the best you can do is to wind up getting the PGA TOUR players to stack up on the scoring averages, relative to one another, but the average scores they'll shoot will have a wider gap between highest and lowest. It may change a bit in TGC 2019, but we'll have to see.

You were never going to see the likeness of a PGA TOUR player actually playing the game... they don't have that level of license yet. It would have to come on a player by player basis, from what I understand. I'd like to at least be able to play against the ghost ball of a PGA TOUR player, but EA Sports said that even their license wouldn't all them to do that... that just the ball and the telemetry of the PGA TOUR player would constitute using their 'likeness'.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-26-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #44
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
^^This is somewhat disappointing. I didn't know we wouldn't be able to change the courses.
At this point in time, courses are not changeable in the PGA TOUR season mode. You can change them in your private society career mode though, but I have a feeling it won't feel or look quite the same.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:46 PM   #45
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Well.. all excitement for this game just went out the door. Wish I wouldn’t of read your comments lol.

Never wanted to play as PGA pros but the fact the scoreboards won’t even contain their names is just crazy.

I did that work on TGC2 and it wasn’t the same. Especially the way you had to name by handicap and couldn’t change them.

My fault for assuming it’d be like Tiger Woods career modes.

Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 01:57 PM   #46

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Is this info coming from devs or knowledgeable insiders? If the only thing we are getting is 9 PGA licesnsed courses to use and a PGA Tour season I don't really see the point. I was able to pretty easily recreate all that with TGC2.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:30 PM   #47
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Is this info coming from devs or knowledgeable insiders? If the only thing we are getting is 9 PGA licesnsed courses to use and a PGA Tour season I don't really see the point. I was able to pretty easily recreate all that with TGC2.

It's coming from the Producer, Shaun West... here's what he stated about this:

"The courses used in the PGA TOUR Career Mode will use all of the TPC courses while filling out the rest of the events with some of the best courses provided by our community designers. The courses are well balanced for the experience and though fit in well with the theme we maintain through the season. The season schedule is set however you will be able to edit AI player information."

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-26-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #48
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Well.. all excitement for this game just went out the door. Wish I wouldn’t of read your comments lol.

Never wanted to play as PGA pros but the fact the scoreboards won’t even contain their names is just crazy.

I did that work on TGC2 and it wasn’t the same. Especially the way you had to name by handicap and couldn’t change them.

My fault for assuming it’d be like Tiger Woods career modes.

Oh well.

It would be slightly better if we could create and share user created rosters. I think we could eventually refine something that would pass, but even when this method is done right, it still feels like I'm playing against a spreadsheet supported bell curve, not individually attributed AI models, amassing a score, hole-by-hole.

I've never been a career mode player in anything other than PGA Championship Golf 2000, where you could create a fully functioning AI player who could be represented by an animated avatar, and play the rounds with you. They were based on attributes assigned to various player skills, and it was pretty dang solid. Nothing short of that will appeal to me in a career or season mode.

I'm primarily a Society Tournament player, but now that they'll have a real-time online multiplayer option, with match play and alternate shot, I'll be playing a lot more online multiplayer. This will help me forget my misgivings about the PGA TOUR season mode in TGC 2019

BTW, I hope you don't kill the messenger who brings bad news

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »