Home

When do you guys think The Golf Club 2019 will actually release?

This is a discussion on When do you guys think The Golf Club 2019 will actually release? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 08-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: When do you guys think The Golf Club 2019 will actually release?

From Alan on the HB Forums this AM:

Quote:
Hi,

Just want to clear up something. The game is not delayed - we said August, it'll be out in August. I said we can't specify the exact day yet because of business behind-the-scenes and I'm not going to conduct that publicly but it will become apparent shortly, MS put something out in error which we can't control and you'll see MS have now corrected that after we spoke with them.

Nothing's changed. It's just you would like some more info on an exact day and price which we will announce when possible, I completely understand the desire for some more info, I'd love to give it! Launch month has always been August and, to date right now barring any unforeseen issues, still is.

It's an exciting time. In less than two weeks, we can all expect to have a new game out that we'll be playing! I'm looking forward to it!

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 04:53 PM   #42
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Seems to me its got something to do with the northern trust tournament, maybe trying to secure the rights or the course..?
Why would he still be saying that it will release in two weeks but still can't confirm a price or exact release date...?
Honestly this is poor PR marketing at its finest...
Old 08-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #43
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
From Alan on the HB Forums this AM:
I'm glad Alan posted that message, including the fact that they contacted Microsoft and asked them to correct the story. At least now I know which [email protected] story to believe
Old 08-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This is like a nightmare, I thought I'd be golfing Tuesday evening

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #45
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This is like a nightmare, I thought I'd be golfing Tuesday evening
The way this episode is going, who knows... you may very well be!? I'm very curious as to what sort of licensing deal is going on behind the scenes right now, as I strongly suspect that both console versions have been certified for some time now. I'm pretty confident we'll know what's been going on once the game is released, and we may even be able to understand why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 01:34 AM   #46
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

This is reminding me of when I was anxiously awaiting the new Flaming Lips record, Hit to Death in the Future Head. I had the EP with first single, and Rolling Stone has reviewed it. Then, nothing.

I was that dork, popping into the local record store every Tuesday hoping this was the week. This was pre-internet, when you really had no idea what was going on.

Turns out, when recording the track, You Have to be Joking, the sound from a movie someone was watching in the studio bled through into the recording. It was an orchestral segment during Brazil. It was a moment of serendipity, and Wayne Coyne decided it sounded so perfect, so planned, that they decided to keep it.

Apparently, licensing music as an audio clip from a film is a bit of a mess. The album was deleted for nearly a year to clear the sample.

But at the time, it was just this mystery to me. Nothing made any sense. I knew the record existed because it was reviewed. But no one had an answer. Twenty-five years later it seems weird that I was so worked up over it.

But it was a good lesson that no matter what you can imagine, the truth is often mundane, boring, and not even close to what you imagined.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 08-19-2018, 02:59 AM   #47
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

This is really pissing everyone off, from here, the HB forums, TGCTours forums, Twitter, and everywhere in between. To be honest though, I think they release it on Tuesday (the 21st) for $49.99 and say "Surprise! The new game is here! Everyone go buy and start playing!"
Old 08-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19

IF they would come out and just say....It's an issue with getting sign off from this manufacture of clubs or this course/etc and we had to on the quick patch something out of the game...that's fine.

And we still dont know how much it costs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »