Home

The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2018, 05:53 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

Pretty solid game so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Nope, can't be done... I just tried. You can create a Solo Society for the creation of custom tours, but you're the only human who can be in it. I confirmed that only one human can play in the PGA TOUR season mode as well.

Man, this stinks. I got 1 and 2, but I have learned that I need my friends to play along for it to be fun. I was really hoping we could have a cool tour/career. Might have to pass this year with all of the games coming out.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 7

Played two rounds thus far - shot a 2 under at Deere Run and then followed that up with an amazing 25 over..yes over at sawgrass. The game is a blast though - putting seems much better this year and overall the game is just fun - I’ll try and get more impressions up as I have time.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #28
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I have to say I'm enjoying it so far

looks great on the Xbox One X although I would really appreciate some HDR disappointed not to have that.

Otherwise gameplay is much improved over 2 although I am finding the tempo to be quite challenging on pro or higher clubs which is a good thing actually.

you really need to nail the tempo to get straight shots, very realistic but not overly frustrating. I also feel the putting is definitely dialed in and enjoying the new swing mechanics and feedback.

pretty solid game not bad at all. I think it's been awhile since I've felt completely at ease with a golf game. the graphics help a lot but again come on man give me some HDR with my 4 K ha ha

Edit... Oh yes and one silly little criticism please stop making my guy stop and turn towards The front with arms at side When he is finished holing out, LOL looks so dumb. Just let him Bend over and pick up the ball out of the Cup or fist pump or something for crying out loud … unless those animations unlock later?

Last edited by Klocker; 08-28-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:11 PM   #29
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Picked it up on PC.

Really really enjoying it. Graphics are great and the colours pop better than the beta.

Almost no pop in which was my biggest hope. 1& 2 had so much pop in that I struggled with immersion.

Create a player feature is better than I expected. This is the first game in history that has gotten having grey in your hair right lol.

As Klocker said tempo is key and I’m brutal at it. I hook everything with a fast or very fast downswing.

So far everything just feels “right”. Putting has always been explained as feel in the golf club games and this is the first time that I can actually agree whole heartedly.

Everything just has a professional feel to it. The menus the splash screen etc....

Congrats to HB studios
Old 08-28-2018, 09:13 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

Played one round of Q school so far. Like the PGA Tour additions, career mode, feel like it will be a fun ride to the Tour. Thank god putting (greens) are not so ridiculous this year. I actually feel like I have a chance to get better and I'm not putting the ball 100 ft past the hole. Driving and chipping are not easy but not frustratingly difficult, I feel as if I can get better. Got a learning curve but had some real satisfying hits. Graphics are a little better than last year nothing flooring, missing HDR. Overall I feel like I will get my $50 worth out of this title.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #31
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Can anyone explain what the single player difficulty changes? What the difference between easy, medium, hard, and very hard is? And how that's different from the different club sets? And can you change difficulty mid career without having to restart the entire career over again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 09:38 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

You can change the difficulty during the season. From what I can tell so far it just changes the range of scoring for the computer opponents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Can anyone explain what the single player difficulty changes? What the difference between easy, medium, hard, and very hard is? And how that's different from the different club sets? And can you change difficulty mid career without having to restart the entire career over again?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »