Home

TGC 2019 Patch #2 and DLC Course

This is a discussion on TGC 2019 Patch #2 and DLC Course within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:15 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TGC 2019 Patch #2 and DLC Course

Overall, I'm truly enjoying 2019, especially after getting used to the fact that I usually have to club down to compensate for the roll when approaching the green. But I do have a question regarding swing control. Do any of you feel that "at times" it feels like no matter how bang on your swing tempo feels and how well you've adjusted for the wind and ball lie, that all of a sudden the game says "oh no, your ball is going to veer way off course to prevent you from getting a birdie or par on this hole?"

I've honestly had this happen too many times now for it to be coincidence, and especially on the back 9 par 5's when I'm having a great round. As I'm moving my analogue stick back and forth on the swing I'm thinking great tempo once again, but yet the ball veers off course like I totally shanked it when I know I didn't. I totally accept bad shots when I know my timing is off, but too many times now I've almost tossed my controller in feeling like the game is taking control away from me at times and deciding on its own where the ball is going to end up.

I'm using pro clubs and have used the practice range, especially in the beginning to get my timing down which I've been quite happy with, but the enjoyment of the game almost becomes infuriating when suddenly, out of the blue, your shots start going way off course. I take full responsibility when I know I screw up, but when my timing feels bang on yet the game says otherwise is when I wonder what the heck is going on.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:58 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4
I want to download courses from the TGC community.* That's more important than clothing and such.* Is there a site that can do that for us?*
Old 10-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #35
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Good stuff. Longing for the day when I use master clubs I can stick a seven iron to a couple
feet with a clean shot. Accounting for roll out and having to down a club has been annoying.
Any eta what day this’ll go live?
I just can't see myself getting there. Last night I played with Pro clubs for an entire round, and even that was too difficult to maintain any sort of consistency. (This, after I just played a career-best 12-under, 59 at the FedEx Cup with Beginner clubs.) I just have way too much variance in swing accuracy (power, as well).

I played around a bit with different thumb placements on the R-stick (currently using the 2-finger "pinch" method for swinging). But could not maintain any semblance of consistency -- I'd say only 3 out of every 10 swings were good ...

Anyone have any tips on using Pro/Master clubs with any consistency?!

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 10-09-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #36
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
I want to download courses from the TGC community.* That's more important than clothing and such.* Is there a site that can do that for us?*
Only in game and you don’t download them. You add them to your favorites list.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
Only in game and you don’t download them. You add them to your favorites list.
Is there a limit on the number of courses you can add to the favorites list?
Old 10-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #38
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I just can't see myself getting there. Last night I played with Pro clubs for an entire round, and even that was too difficult to maintain any sort of consistency. (This, after I just played a career-best 12-under, 59 at the FedEx Cup with Beginner clubs.) I just have way too much variance in swing accuracy (power, as well).

I played around a bit with different thumb placements on the R-stick (currently using the 2-finger "pinch" method for swinging). But could not maintain any semblance of consistency -- I'd say only 3 out of every 10 swings were good ...

Anyone have any tips on using Pro/Master clubs with any consistency?!
Hard to explain, but I try to rest my thumb on top of the thumb stick rather than the edges, that seems to work best. And don’t “flick it” back up on the downswing. With master clubs, more often than not you’ll get a “fast” or “very fast” feedback.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #39
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Hard to explain, but I try to rest my thumb on top of the thumb stick rather than the edges, that seems to work best. And don’t “flick it” back up on the downswing. With master clubs, more often than not you’ll get a “fast” or “very fast” feedback.

I gotcha.

Yeah last night I tried using the "crease" of my thumb, and placing it on the top of the R-stick. This did help to limit some of the swing variance. But as I said most swings were just wild and off to the side on the either the up or downswing (or both).

I'll probably play with it a few more days, but I'll most like go back to using the "pinch" ...

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 10-09-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #40
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Looks like the server update has been applied.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...c,26250.0.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »