Home

EA Remaster Tiger Woods 14

This is a discussion on EA Remaster Tiger Woods 14 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
EA Remaster Tiger Woods 14

After Tigers win yesterday EA could be sitting on a cash cow if they decided to Remaster Tiger Woods 14 Master Edition!
This would be HUGE and fans would love it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA Remaster Tiger Woods 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
After Tigers win yesterday EA could be sitting on a cash cow if they decided to Remaster Tiger Woods 14 Master Edition!
This would be HUGE and fans would love it!
They need to talk to Tiger and at least turn back on the DLC. But yes they need to remaster and put it on XBox One and PS4. Especially XBox One since they have backwards compatible capabilities.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
Banned

Obviously things can change, but EA's and Tiger's split was not amicable. They stopped selling any Tiger Woods stuff when they cut him loose.

It would be more likely that they take RMPGAT and reboot that, with or without Rory being included. If EA and tiger patches things up, I could see a TW 20 coming out next year based on an updated RMPGAT game. that would be great if they flush the game out with a better career mode and better social play options.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Sports games are very difficult to remaster/rerelease, mainly due to licensing issues. My understanding is that they'd either have to renegotiate with every previously existing license/likeness in that game or strip away that content. That would include golfers, courses, tournaments, and official apparel at the very least.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:46 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Sports games are very difficult to remaster/rerelease, mainly due to licensing issues. My understanding is that they'd either have to renegotiate with every previously existing license/likeness in that game or strip away that content. That would include golfers, courses, tournaments, and official apparel at the very least.
Yeah, they would have to re-negotiate, but I don't see how that it would be that much different from negotiating them in the first place. I would assume EA has all the information and contacts it requires to get them back in the game. But what has to be stripped has to be stripped. It would be the same stuff that wouldn't be in a new game anyway.

The likelihood of all this is pretty much nil, but there is a path forward if someone at EA wants to take this on.

I am starting to think that the costs of development started to spiral out of control, so they cut it short and shipped the game in order to collect what they could. That could be either good or bad news about a new version. If they think they can still recoup costs, it might help. If it means it's just too expensive to work on, then they are done.

EA probably should have just paused on the TW series instead of dumping him. He's really the only golfer that I think drives sales to people that might not buy otherwise. Everyone else is just a name of a famous golfer, but doesn't really move the needle for most gamers.

That's why they never should have spent money on Rory. Even when he is going great, he doesn't have near the impact Tiger does. And Tiger's name has reached Madden's level, where it can just be the word for video game golf.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 04-16-2019 at 01:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #6
Rookie

binga30's Arena

How would the PGA agreement with TGC19 effect things? As far as I know it was not an exclusive deal? Tiger has changed a lot since they canned the game. Someone at EA will want to make a name for themselves I bet, and reach out to TW.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2019, 06:05 PM   #7
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
How would the PGA agreement with TGC19 effect things? As far as I know it was not an exclusive deal? Tiger has changed a lot since they canned the game. Someone at EA will want to make a name for themselves I bet, and reach out to TW.

EA only gave up partial rights!
Again if they were smart they would jump on the opportunity!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #8
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Yup but it is EA after all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »