Home

PGA TOUR Golf Shootout, with Authentic TPC Courses, Available Now For iOS and Android Devices

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR Golf Shootout, with Authentic TPC Courses, Available Now For iOS and Android Devices within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2019, 03:09 AM   #9
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PGA TOUR Golf Shootout, with Authentic TPC Courses, Available Now For iOS and And

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Oh well. I never got into Tiger or Golf Club, so maybe this is the golf game for me. The graphics don't bother me at all.
Yeah, just as scagwi told you in his reply, don't let that bother you or keep you from playing the game. Heck, I like playing TGC 2019, even though I can see how it's considered to be a substandard golf game by many. It's not nearly up to what I thought a realistic golf game should be on this generation of hardware in the year 2019, yet I'm able to derive about 2 hours of entertainment out of it daily!?

A truly properly done realistic golf game for the PC and/or consoles might be the end of my marriage... my wife already tells me it takes up too much of my time
Old 04-20-2019, 11:49 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is nobody in the video game creation industry embarrassed that the best golf game ever is STILL Links 2003?* For the love of God please make a decent golf game!!!
Old 04-20-2019, 12:33 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PGA TOUR Golf Shootout, with Authentic TPC Courses, Available Now For iOS and And

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
Is nobody in the video game creation industry embarrassed that the best golf game ever is STILL Links 2003?* For the love of God please make a decent golf game!!!
It is a shame for sure.

A technical and thoughtfully focused effort along the lines of a new Links would be welcome by many.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
Sort of along these lines... this is a snip of a post I just made in the HB Studios TGC 2019 XBox One forum section:

My all time deepest regret as a gamer is that Indie Built had the plug pulled on their studio by Take 2 Interactive while they were in the final stretches of getting Links 2007, for the XBox 360 ready for release. The former producer, of Links 2004 and the early stages of 2007, Daryl Welsh (who'd been promoted to a bigger role elsewhere) told me that it was a sight to behold on the 360, and he was so disappointed when the 80% completed work got mothballed... and later unintentionally lost. I would have loved to have seen what that looked like on the 360, as good as it looked on the lowly XBox OG :'(

Oh, I forgot... they were going to let Andrew Jones (Perfect Golf Producer) have the partially completed game code for FREE for him to complete and gave him access to the drives on which it was last stored. He couldn't find it but they only gave him a limited time before the facility was locked by court order. Andrew freely offered this information up in a dicsussion some of us were having about it at the Perfect Parallel forum. It's sad to think about all the countless man hours of work that went into that, only to learn that it all got carelessly and totally lost

I'd imagine that if Links 2007 had gone through to completion on the XBox 360, as Daryl Welsh was describing to me in an e-mail exchange, it might be the **** of the walk to this day in my cyber golf world! I still play Links 2004 a couple of times a month on my Falcon chipset XBox 360 in BC mode, at 720p
Old 04-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #13
MVP

@onlookerdelay

Great stuff there..

We might still be playing it right now with Xenia XB360 PC emulation if it had happened.

What a tremendous shame
Old 04-20-2019, 03:35 PM   #14
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
@onlookerdelay

Great stuff there..

We might still be playing it right now with Xenia XB360 PC emulation if it had happened.

What a tremendous shame
Oh yeah... forgot about the Xenia 360 emulation angle on it, dang if that don't make me want to go an cry another river of tears over the fate of Links 2007! I'll try to reach out to Daryl Welsh again on this to see if there's any possibility we could get a few screen shots on what it looked like.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #15
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
@onlookerdelay

Great stuff there..

What a tremendous shame
Okay Buck, I found the rest of the story as told in the form of a forum post by Andrew Jones. This just makes the story even sadder when you read where this could have gone:

"I actually had advanced conversations with Take 2 following the closure of Indie and they had agreed to give me the source code to Links 2007 on the condition that we released what we did as a community add on similar to what we had done with the MOD. The problem was when they closed the studios they just dumped all the stuff into boxes and warehoused it and they were not willing to spend the money to go through everything just to find me the source code..."

Here's a link to the post in context: http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic...-2016/?p=90346

Oh what could have been... (sigh)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Okay Buck, I found the rest of the story as told in the form of a forum post by Andrew Jones. This just makes the story even sadder when you read where this could have gone:

"I actually had advanced conversations with Take 2 following the closure of Indie and they had agreed to give me the source code to Links 2007 on the condition that we released what we did as a community add on similar to what we had done with the MOD. The problem was when they closed the studios they just dumped all the stuff into boxes and warehoused it and they were not willing to spend the money to go through everything just to find me the source code..."

Here's a link to the post in context: http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic...-2016/?p=90346

Oh what could have been... (sigh)
God that's painful..
That's like a winning lottery ticket you "threw out"..

Brutal

Makes me wonder if PG even would exist if they had gone that route. I'd guess probably not and we'd actually be better off as that'd be a highly modifiable over time base game, whereas PG is really trapped by the locked down nature, Steam integration and now Trackman ownership.

I wish they could branch off a version of PG1 for modding and those of us that still use and enjoy it with a normal computer and no Sim hardware.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »