Home

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is Free For Xbox Live Gold Members

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is Free For Xbox Live Gold Members within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2019, 01:43 AM   #25
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is Free For Xbox Live Gold Members

This is a great game. I'm loving it so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2019, 10:36 AM   #26
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
This is a great game. I'm loving it so far.
Just curious scourge, had you even considered this game before it became available as a "Free Games with Gold" offering? Also, are you playing TGC 2019 on an original XBox One, S, or X? This game on the XBox One X might be the biggest improvement I've seen for "XBox One X Enhanced" I've seen!
Old 05-31-2019, 07:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Just curious scourge, had you even considered this game before it became available as a "Free Games with Gold" offering? Also, are you playing TGC 2019 on an original XBox One, S, or X? This game on the XBox One X might be the biggest improvement I've seen for "XBox One X Enhanced" I've seen!
Is there any insight into the future of TGC series? I'm really liking it in fact loving it, but see some areas that need refined in terms of playability. Anyway, insights would be cool!
Old 06-01-2019, 08:53 PM   #28
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncp10
Is there any insight into the future of TGC series? I'm really liking it in fact loving it, but see some areas that need refined in terms of playability. Anyway, insights would be cool!
HB Studios has shown progress from TGC 1, to 2, and now to TGC 2019, so I'm cautiously optimistic that the next iteration will be better. However, since HB Studios has been in a full development cycle now, with their publishing partnership with 2K, they been far less forthcoming with information concerning the direction and future of the franchise.

What's next for the series? I'd guess they'd try to get more mileage out of their PGA TOUR license, and possibly even include a few featured PGA TOUR Pros. If nothing else, I'd expect to see more PGA TOUR licensed courses in the mix. I wish I could give you a better answer, but that's the best I can do with what I've got to go on.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
HB Studios has shown progress from TGC 1, to 2, and now to TGC 2019, so I'm cautiously optimistic that the next iteration will be better. However, since HB Studios has been in a full development cycle now, with their publishing partnership with 2K, they been far less forthcoming with information concerning the direction and future of the franchise.

What's next for the series? I'd guess they'd try to get more mileage out of their PGA TOUR license, and possibly even include a few featured PGA TOUR Pros. If nothing else, I'd expect to see more PGA TOUR licensed courses in the mix. I wish I could give you a better answer, but that's the best I can do with what I've got to go on.
I wonder how and why they gave it away for the current month for Gold Live acct holders. What does that portend? Is it a death nell? Or an attempt to get it better known. In any case it's a phenomenal sim but currently on Master clubs we're finding it exceedingly challenging to get realistic performance from green side bunkers, fringe, etc. Chipping is crazy difficult and hard to explain, as is putting off the fringe often! While my GIR/FIR scores are where they would be for tour players the ability to get up and down from around the green is unrealistically challenging. It's improving but one false twitch and it's 25' long! Or short! I had an 18' putt the other day from 2' off the green, fringe lie 92-96%, so set up the putt which was on fast greens to compensate for the lie and the bloody putt went 8 feet and I have zero explanation for that!
Old 06-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #30
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncp10
I wonder how and why they gave it away for the current month for Gold Live acct holders. What does that portend? Is it a death nell? Or an attempt to get it better known.
Here's what HB Studios Producer Shaun West said about TGC 2019 being part of the "Games With Gold" release:

"Getting TGC19 on Games with Gold is a huge achievement for the franchise. Being part of this group of games for a one month period gives us an opportunity to significantly increase the userbase on Xbox and continue to increase the awareness of the game."

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...html#msg340445

I think they've achieved their goal of giving the game greater exposure. There have been over 125 new reviews of the game on XBox Live since the free release, and roughly half of those are 4 or 5 star reviews. TGC 19 clubs on XBox Live have seen a tremendous uptick in enrollment, many Societies, including the one I help manage have seen a number of new membership requests.

How this will translate into sales for the next title in the franchise remains to be seen, but I bet the initial sales will easily top those of TGC 2019

Quote:
In any case it's a phenomenal sim but currently on Master clubs we're finding it exceedingly challenging to get realistic performance from green side bunkers, fringe, etc. Chipping is crazy difficult and hard to explain, as is putting off the fringe often! While my GIR/FIR scores are where they would be for tour players the ability to get up and down from around the green is unrealistically challenging. It's improving but one false twitch and it's 25' long! Or short! I had an 18' putt the other day from 2' off the green, fringe lie 92-96%, so set up the putt which was on fast greens to compensate for the lie and the bloody putt went 8 feet and I have zero explanation for that!
Your observations here are all valid, and some of them can be explained. It's far too easy to power putts past the hole. I always to to imagine that the hole is actually 8 to 10% closer to me than the reported distance to help offset that tendency.

The fringes are pretty energy draining in this game. It may say it's 92-96% fringe, but the fringe in TGC 2019 is pretty "sticky", for lack of a better term. If I've got 2 feet of fringe in front of me, I'm going to add 6 feet of putt strength to the putt to counter it. I normally go with 3 feet of extra putt strength for every foot of fringe.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Here's what HB Studios Producer Shaun West said about TGC 2019 being part of the "Games With Gold" release:

"Getting TGC19 on Games with Gold is a huge achievement for the franchise. Being part of this group of games for a one month period gives us an opportunity to significantly increase the userbase on Xbox and continue to increase the awareness of the game."

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...html#msg340445

I think they've achieved their goal of giving the game greater exposure. There have been over 125 new reviews of the game on XBox Live since the free release, and roughly half of those are 4 or 5 star reviews. TGC 19 clubs on XBox Live have seen a tremendous uptick in enrollment, many Societies, including the one I help manage have seen a number of new membership requests.

How this will translate into sales for the next title in the franchise remains to be seen, but I bet the initial sales will easily top those of TGC 2019

Your observations here are all valid, and some of them can be explained. It's far too easy to power putts past the hole. I always to to imagine that the hole is actually 8 to 10% closer to me than the reported distance to help offset that tendency.

The fringes are pretty energy draining in this game. It may say it's 92-96% fringe, but the fringe in TGC 2019 is pretty "sticky", for lack of a better term. If I've got 2 feet of fringe in front of me, I'm going to add 6 feet of putt strength to the putt to counter it. I normally go with 3 feet of extra putt strength for every foot of fringe.
Thanks for that it may help! And hopeful to read Shaun's comments. Fantastic game and terribly addicting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2019, 01:19 AM   #32
Rookie

I'm puzzled: I'm in the Player's Championship and set Career Difficulty to HARD at the start of the tournament. After 2 of 4 rounds I was tied at 17th place. I then went back to PGA Tour > Settings and changed Difficulty back to Medium. I saw no affect whatsoever and the rest of the field scored even lower scores, so I'm puzzled. What is happening with this? What role does the Difficulty setting in Career mode play? I was hoping for a top 10 finish but now the leader after 3 rounds is -19, I'm -6. My sense is even though you can change Difficulty in mid-event, the difficulty level does not actually change. Perhaps it will change when you start a new event in the same season. Does anyone know for sure how this works?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »