Home

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is Free For Xbox Live Gold Members

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is Free For Xbox Live Gold Members within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is Free For Xbox Live Gold Members

I only played one round so far, but I can tell that Pro clubs will be the permanent setting for me. Just by the feel of the swing and the putting, I know that my best scores will occasionally be in the mid 60's and I will blow up and shoot some 80's too. That range is perfect for me to enjoy the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

The price is definitely right.

I'm not a big fan of the TGC series, the presentation is basically the same from TGC 1 to TGC 2019. It becomes redundant after playing a month or so. It does give a good round of golf.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
As long as you download any free game before the game is no longer free then you own it for good...
...to the extent your install doesn't become corrupted. Back it up if you want to be sure to keep it ;o)
Old 05-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 13
This game is a blast.* I played a few head to head matchmakers this weekend and I very much enjoyed the experience.* Looking forward to more online gaming with this one!

BigBlue
Old 05-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #21
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
This game is a blast.* I played a few head to head matchmakers this weekend and I very much enjoyed the experience.* Looking forward to more online gaming with this one!

BigBlue
The actual multiplayer handling is responsive by the server. I'd like to ask you though, would you enjoy it more if you could lock to club set to a given type? I like to play with Master clubs in online matchmaking, but I quite often find myself matched up against players using Beginner clubs, who really have no business using beginner clubs, and it makes for what feels a bit like an apples to oranges match, IMO.

When I'm matched up against someone using Master clubs, it's a much more complete and balanced experience. If I could have one wish for multiplayer in this game, it would be to have a filter to lock the club type to a certain type.

Since the game went "Free With Gold" last week, I have encountered more people who legitimately should have been using beginner clubs, as they demonstrated all the traits of a beginning or very casual golf gamer. The game tries to equalize things by putting both players in a Beginner Vs. Master club player on the tees of the player with the shorter carrying clubs. Still, the beginner club control is sooooo much easier than the Master (at least on XBox One) that the competition is still leaning heavy toward the Beginner club player, who's not going to need as much carry anyway off the "Beginner/shorter" tees.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-20-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #22
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I only played one round so far, but I can tell that Pro clubs will be the permanent setting for me. Just by the feel of the swing and the putting, I know that my best scores will occasionally be in the mid 60's and I will blow up and shoot some 80's too. That range is perfect for me to enjoy the game.
On the more difficult courses, Pro clubs give me as much challenge as I can handle. I've shot a couple 61's with them over the last few months on average courses, but I also shot a 94 with them at Bethpage Black in the final round of my favorite Society's tournament there last night... which included 5 quadruple bogeys. I have a tendency to go Jon Daly though, after a really bad hole, so I was playing the last 15 holes like a pouty brat The first quad was legit, the rest were 'attitude' quads. I'm hoping this is going to change a little bit as I mature with age
Old 05-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
As long as you download any free game before the game is no longer free then you own it for good

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

One caveat, since they started adding Xbox One Games with Gold, you have to continue to be gold to play the game. So if you stop paying for Gold you lose the game. Be aware of this!
Old 05-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #24
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
On the more difficult courses, Pro clubs give me as much challenge as I can handle. I've shot a couple 61's with them over the last few months on average courses, but I also shot a 94 with them at Bethpage Black in the final round of my favorite Society's tournament there last night... which included 5 quadruple bogeys. I have a tendency to go Jon Daly though, after a really bad hole, so I was playing the last 15 holes like a pouty brat The first quad was legit, the rest were 'attitude' quads. I'm hoping this is going to change a little bit as I mature with age
Perhaps start a thread here for like-minded members to play with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »