Home

Beat the Heat With These Courses in TGC 2019

This is a discussion on Beat the Heat With These Courses in TGC 2019 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Beat the Heat With These Courses in TGC 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
TGC is not a game for him, it's too much like real life golf.
I just don't know if I agree with that.

TGC is pretty darned easy/arcade on the easiest clubs and there are all sorts of things in the game "not like real golf" or doing things differently than real golf even.

I think you have a higher opinion of TGC in terms of being a "golf simulation" than I do.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:09 PM   #18
Banned

lions67's Arena

Well whatever. The game is the game and it plays fantastic! Even with its flaws.
But it certainly does not need to be easier.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:18 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I just don't know if I agree with that.

TGC is pretty darned easy/arcade on the easiest clubs and there are all sorts of things in the game "not like real golf" or doing things differently than real golf even.

I think you have a higher opinion of TGC in terms of being a "golf simulation" than I do.

Anyway... TGC is too much like real life golf for those liking a golf game i.e. arcade. That's why TGC is selling something like 150,000 copies and getting the reviews they're getting from those guys aka as 'golf sucks, it's too hard'.

And it's never sim enough for those looking for a real sim, so the copies sold will go down in a hurry for those being fed up as seen on the HB forum. A lot of them over there don't even care about golf, they're more interested in building courses and are complaining they're not getting enough tools to build them. So HB won't be developing their golf sim or game, whatever you want to call it, for much longer, I'm giving them 2 more tries at the most and they're out too. Just like EA, the market for golf is way too fussy for the few sales compared to other games selling millions.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:33 PM   #20
MVP

@bigkev

Do you think they’re making another one or they are done?

I agree with you about the HB forum also.

Your point about the golf game market I think is also spot on. It’s a really tough niche and a game is best choosing super realistic or arcade and going hard in the chosen direction. Languishing in the middle pleases neither audience.

Last edited by scagwi; 07-28-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #21
Pro

Oh there's another one coming, no doubt. The way they're talking, they're working very hard right now. There's no new patch, so it's a new game.

It was a dog's breakfast the way the last one was marketed, so I expect it will be a one voice message for the next one with 2K doing almost all of it. When will it be released? I don't know. They probably don't either at this point. I presume it's going to have a much better career mode with at least a dozen official TPC courses. They will try to give everybody a little bit, meaning courses designers, multi-player, society and I have no idea how they're going to improve the sim part like swing mechanic, etc

They're in a tough spot. They want multi-player and not selling enough games, specially on PC. Having all 3 clubs set competing against each others is not working the way they're doing it. If they're going difficulty level, it's going to be too hard for some to find a game on PC. Lots of guys on PC are mainly doing course designers to start with because it's easier than on console.

And to top it of, it seems that their PGA license is very restricted on how they used the TPC courses. Got a feeling a lot of old timers couldn't care less about the PGA license at this point, I've read that several times. The course designers in the game are that good, they would just prefer to take these courses and include them in their career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #22
MVP

@bigkev

Good stuff - good thoughts.
I know I’m probably in the minority, but I sort of hope they go back to the drawing board a bit with the swing.

Partial power, overswing and a reimagination of shot setup in terms of stance, addressing the ball, etc - to me would all be really smart.

I really don’t want the loft box to be “a thing” anymore - or at least I’d like it to be far less impactful and somewhat less required. I just don’t love it as an interface concept vs some things other golf games have done over the years to get at the same ideas.

I honestly loved the shot setup stuff in TW14 for the most part.

Last edited by scagwi; 07-28-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:42 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
Well whatever. The game is the game and it plays fantastic! Even with its flaws.
But it certainly does not need to be easier.
We play no putting grid and find the game w/ its swing flaws is phenomenal. We had such an incredible match today on Magnolia Tour and it just amazes me how realistic outcomes are for us in this game. There are a few quirky things with the swing but the really important aspect is there: game outcomes are very believable for us playing Master Clubs w/ no green grid. All of the really well done courses are wonderful to get to play. So hard to get it all right if they come out with a new version I hope they don't kill the playability part. I'd like to see ability to buy branded equipment w/ different characteristics.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #24
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncp10
We play no putting grid and find the game w/ its swing flaws is phenomenal. We had such an incredible match today on Magnolia Tour and it just amazes me how realistic outcomes are for us in this game. There are a few quirky things with the swing but the really important aspect is there: game outcomes are very believable for us playing Master Clubs w/ no green grid. All of the really well done courses are wonderful to get to play. So hard to get it all right if they come out with a new version I hope they don't kill the playability part. I'd like to see ability to buy branded equipment w/ different characteristics.
Hats off to you guys that can play without the grids.
I can’t do that. I have tried, but no chance. Especially on Magnolia! Haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »