Home

Golf King - World Tour Arrives on iOS and Android on November 21 - Features, Trailer & Screenshots Here

This is a discussion on Golf King - World Tour Arrives on iOS and Android on November 21 - Features, Trailer & Screenshots Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Sports Emulation in 2022 - Going Beyond Emulation
OS Reacts: NBA 2K23 Gameplay Improvements
MLB The Show 22 Missing Features

Old 11-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Golf King - World Tour Arrives on iOS and Android on November 21 - Features, Trailer & Screenshots Here

The creators of the hit, Mini Golf King, are bringing real pro golf to mobile gamers...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Golf King - World Tour Arrives on iOS and Android on November 21 - Features, Trai

Dayum... I wish publishers were as interested in publishing games for consoles and PCs as they are mobile devices... this coming on the heels of the release of Golden Tee Golf Mobile last month!? Maybe I need to buy an iPad and an HDMI adapter for it so I can play new golf games on my 55" HGTV?
Old 11-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Golf King - World Tour Arrives on iOS and Android on November 21 - Features, Trai

Hopefully people enjoy themselves with this and golden tee.

To me the graphics look like total garbage.

I just have no interest in something that looks like this in 2019/2020 and beyond.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

This and Golden Tee have graphics that are probably about as good as they can get for mobile devices. I'd like to see what a Golden Tee that was built for the XBox One X or PS4 Pro would look like. It'd likely look better than this, but I still think it would still not have the more authentic look of TGC 2019 or Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf.

I still think you have to have a large, high quality trackball to experience these clearly more arcade style oriented golf games the way the designers intended.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:19 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I still think you have to have a large, high quality trackball to experience these clearly more arcade style oriented golf games the way the designers intended.
Totally agree..

I go to a local food joint that has a GoldenTee arcade system and it's tons of fun...but because of the trackball setup & form factor and casual nature of it all.

But hey - if people want to go for it on their phone, fire away.
Not my thing at all, particularly those gross graphics..

Ultimately, the input device matters a ton for some of these games I think - I agree with you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Totally agree..

I go to a local food joint that has a GoldenTee arcade system and it's tons of fun...but because of the trackball setup & form factor and casual nature of it all.

But hey - if people want to go for it on their phone, fire away.
Not my thing at all, particularly those gross graphics..

Ultimately, the input device matters a ton for some of these games I think - I agree with you.
They've got a Golden Tee game (2018 vintage) at the Buffalo Wild Wings near me and it gets a ton of play. It's funny, I can get a couple of my friends to play this at BWW, but they won't touch a more simulation oriented golf game on a computer or a console. I guess it's because it doesn't take a lot of familiarization and you can simply slam dunk your putts, but that's what puts me off the most about the game. The putting has so little feel required.

Still, even though the graphics look like a 2006 vintage Playstation 2 game, it's good for 15 minutes of easy entertainment, especially in a BWW environment.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
you can simply slam dunk your putts, but that's what puts me off the most about the game. The putting has so little feel required.
That's my #1 complaint with it also..

The rest of the gameplay is arcade enjoyable, but the putting is ridiculous - even for an arcade game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »