Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2020, 12:19 PM   #25
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
On Rory?
Is it hard to find a copy?

I got the impression he was talking about Tiger Woods 14. I've got a copy of the XBox 360 version of Tiger Woods 14 I'd be glad to mail out to whoever wants it, but I'm sure Pietasterp is on Playstation 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 02:26 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I got the impression he was talking about Tiger Woods 14. I've got a copy of the XBox 360 version of Tiger Woods 14 I'd be glad to mail out to whoever wants it, but I'm sure Pietasterp is on Playstation 3.
Ahh - gotcha..

Sure glad I have my Digital copies of both games and all that TW14 DLC.

It's always still a great play for career mode fun.

One wildcard here is if the emulation of TW14 in particular ever gets really good on RPCS3...if so, it might breathe all new life into it with upscaling and extra aliasing options and the like.

I'm hopeful on that front after seeing the NHL games finally get emulated quite well on there.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:22 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
On Rory?
Is it hard to find a copy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Shocked to see the cheapest price I could find Rory on Ebay is around $50. Didn't check the PS4 Store but I don't think it is even available anymore as a digital download.

Once the insanity dies down you can probably find it at a Goodwill type of deal.
I think the issue is that the game had a lot of licenses that lapsed (equipment, players, courses), so it got wiped from existence when the licenses ran out. I don't really want to pay $50 for a used copy of the game at this point, but it's not likely to come down anytime soon. The prices aren't reflecting any of the current virus-related scarcity.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:23 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Appreciate the offer Onlooker, but I was actually talking about Rory (!).
Old 04-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #29
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Appreciate the offer Onlooker, but I was actually talking about Rory (!).
Okay, well obviously I was having a hard time following the flow on the discussion. I checked last night for myself and saw that RMPGAT is no longer available for purchase in the PS Store. I know the last time a looked a month or so ago, Rory was still in the EA Vault for free access, in the EA Access XBox One store. Didn't EA finally offer EA Access for purchase in the PS Store?
Old 04-05-2020, 07:34 AM   #30
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Really loving this game on hard 3 click no aids. Putting without the beads brings the challenge way up for me. Started back a few weeks ago playing normal swing settings with putting beads on then went to hard swing with putting beads off and added 7-10 strokes to a round.

Damn shame the game went the way it did since it looks and plays better than anything on the market and it ain't close. About the only thing TGC does better is the putting interface though I can live with what EA did with Rory.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Really loving this game on hard 3 click no aids. Putting without the beads brings the challenge way up for me. Started back a few weeks ago playing normal swing settings with putting beads on then went to hard swing with putting beads off and added 7-10 strokes to a round.

Damn shame the game went the way it did since it looks and plays better than anything on the market and it ain't close. About the only thing TGC does better is the putting interface though I can live with what EA did with Rory.
Totally agree about Rory on looks..

Using controller, it needed some more optional challenge levels and the putting could have been better. I would have hoped that might have come through more patching.

As I've regurgitated before - it's so frustrating they quit on it after they'd done the enormously hard part of building it and releasing it. It was time to let it coast and get patched 1 or 2 times per year and slow release more course content. So frustrating.

The economics of it must not have made sense or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
I would love to have a copy of this game for 360 if it has all of the dlc courses. Not sure if just the disc would work though. If anyone can offer that up let’s chat. [email protected]

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »