Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 Announced, Teaser Trailer Revealed - Full Details Arrive on May 14

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 Announced, Teaser Trailer Revealed - Full Details Arrive on May 14 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2020, 08:03 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club > PGA Tour 2k21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
But this would be a HUGE change from what TGC has done in the past. In TGC 2019, they only had like 3 or 4 brands of apparel - the only real one that I had interest in was Under Armour - and no licensed equipment. It's not to say it couldn't happen...it would just be a massive change.
Assuming there's a way to grind and earn ALL DLC through effort and absolutely nothing (other than perhaps courses) are a forced purchase to get them (or you never can get the edge the paying people will have)...

...all good..

But boy when you open up the micro-transaction flood gates, it becomes really hard as the Devs/Publisher to not squeeze that lemon FULL of juice jars.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #58
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Announced, Teaser Trailer Revealed - Full Details Arrive on May 14

And I am speaking just from a pure logistical standpoint with the equipment/apparel options. I mean, in both TGC and TGC2, there were no licensed items at all. It took until TGC 2019 for that to happen, and it was very limited in its scope. But, since it has been two years since that game came out, I do suppose their arsenal of licensed gear could have increased a bit more.

And now that I think of it...perhaps 2K's relationship with brands from the NBA 2K series (like Nike, adidas, etc.) will allow for more licensing opportunities and real gear in game.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-06-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:29 PM   #59
MVP

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Announced, Teaser Trailer Revealed - Full Details Arrive on May 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
And now that I think of it...perhaps 2K's relationship with brands from the NBA 2K series (like Nike, adidas, etc.) will allow for more licensing opportunities and real gear in game.
That is definitely one aspect of the "hope" for a more "full 2K" experience I think.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #60
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Im cautiously optimistic. TGC/PGA was just ok for me. I jusdt can't get into the game. the visuals are strongly lacking IMO. sound too. lack of players. Commentary. That being said it has some great features, it's just... it feels old when you play it. I don't see much in this teaser video that is going to change that at this point.

If they still have 3 sets of clubs to use... beginner, pro, expert, or whatever they call it that all have distance caps, I'm out for sure. Nothing bothers me more about the series than that. Just alter the sensitivity and difficulty of hitting full power shots, and on target shots, and speciality shots. Don't cap the distance.

Thats my two cents anyways.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:18 PM   #61
Rookie

I'm cautiously pessimistic. There's nothing I want more than a quality golf title with a PGA license again. That said, I have yet to be impressed with a TGC title, and having owned the last two NBA 2Ks, my faith in 2K has been shaken to the foundation. The career mode was pretty decent, but the online play in both was so miserable, I had to stop playing it, or my controller was going through my TV. Definitely didn't care for the new player builder and loathed the fact that making your player taller so drastically reduced your attributes and their cap. I fear I'm going to be playing TW14 into eternity Haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #62
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

I'll wait for some YouTube videos to get a better look at this game but man they are still using the same weird looking static crowds?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:56 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
I'll wait for some YouTube videos to get a better look at this game but man they are still using the same weird looking static crowds?
I believe the term you're looking for is "zombie people"
Old 05-07-2020, 12:55 AM   #64
Pro

Re: The Golf Club > PGA Tour 2k21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden70
All i want is one thing... 3 Click Swing!!
This! Along with a BLI (break line indicator), and the ability to turn features on/off for events. I also curious to see if this new release will have any affect on TGCTours.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »