Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 Arrives on August 21, Cover Athlete is Justin Thomas - Trailer, Screenshots & Some Details

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 Arrives on August 21, Cover Athlete is Justin Thomas - Trailer, Screenshots & Some Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #25
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Arrives on August 21, Cover Athlete is Justin Thomas - Trailer, Scr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So I’m career mode in TGC we never saw other players.

How would we “see” these pros we’re playing against? If we’re paired with them would we actually see them with us on the course?

I’m curious how that integration looks and comes into play.

If my only way of playing them is something like an exhibition skins match that does nothing for me.
My thought is that it seems like the Tiger Challenges back in the old TW games. Like you mentioned...playing skins matches, match play, etc. against an AI opponent. Basically like boss battles at certain points. Not really my thing either. Hope I am wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #26
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Arrives on August 21, Cover Athlete is Justin Thomas - Trailer, Scr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
You think the rest could be on the leaderboard and not playable.

I mean it’s something Sega Genesis did over 25 years ago.
I'm sure now that the leaderboard/season stats will have all the other PGA TOUR pro names (well, except for those select few who choose to 'opt out', like Phil Mickelson) on it with spreadsheet generated numbers, but it's a start. Certainly it's better than last year's leaderboards with fictitious names. I'll probably never touch the Career mode because I'm always so heavily invested in Society tournament and multiplayer online play, but this will mean a lot to most who play career mode regularly.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Was that all for the details today?

Also - why do people pre-order a digital product that by its very nature isn't supply constrained?
Just for those "bonuses" and extra virtual currency?

How about a discount for pre-ordering and/or 2019 owner upgrade pricing?
That would actually be attractive
Old 05-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #28
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm sure now that the leaderboard/season stats will have all the other PGA TOUR pro names (well, except for those select few who choose to 'opt out', like Phil Mickelson) on it with spreadsheet generated numbers, but it's a start.
Just curious...where did you see this info confirmed? I only see the mention of "Taking on PGA TOUR Pros during your very own career, earning rewards and gear along the way"...I don't necessarily see this as pros' names on the leaderboard. I think it's like one-on-one matchups like the Tiger Challenges of old.

This is why I am frustrated by the "full details" not actually being released...haha

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-14-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #29
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
My first thought is that this will basically be the same game with more authentic courses, PGA pro cpu players to play against, commentary, and more clothes/equipment to use (visual only).

Could be very wrong but this is my current interpretation of info.

I am still excited for it though regardless. Wish it were coming out sooner.
I certainly can't tell anything about how differently it will or will not play based on what I'm seeing in the videos, or finding on the feature list, but Sports Gamers Online had the following line in their preview:

"experienced players of The Golf Club series will now have newer features to provide more of a challenge"

Those "newer features" haven't been detailed anywhere I can find. I'm far more interested in that than I am featured pros, new licensed courses, new equipment, and new clothing apparel
Old 05-14-2020, 11:29 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I certainly can't tell anything about how differently it will or will not play based on what I'm seeing in the videos, or finding on the feature list, but Sports Gamers Online had the following line in their preview:

"experienced players of The Golf Club series will now have newer features to provide more of a challenge"

Those "newer features" haven't been detailed anywhere I can find. I'm far more interested in that than I am featured pros, new licensed courses, new equipment, and new clothing apparel
...and did people need "newer features" to accomplish that goal?

Or rather existing features re-worked, refined and repaired as necessary?
Old 05-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3
Was hoping for improvements in player models and crowds. I know people have criticisms with shadows, bunkers, trees somewhat, but these are what really stand out to me as looking old generation. Otherwise the game looks pretty nice at higher resolutions.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 11:35 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
It was not unexpected, but I am a bit annoyed how they used the "full details" phrase when saying that info on 2K21 would be released today...then went ahead and only dropped small nuggets of information.

Career Mode? Info on that is super vague. Courses included? Only a few mentioned/shown. Real pros in the game? Only Justin Thomas mentioned, and the number of them given, along with murkiness about whether you can play only against them, or as them.

Typical PR stuff, but irritating none the less.
Well, with a release date of Aug 21st... they're going to give info bit by bit every week until close to the release date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »