Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 Arrives on August 21, Cover Athlete is Justin Thomas - Trailer, Screenshots & Some Details

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 Arrives on August 21, Cover Athlete is Justin Thomas - Trailer, Screenshots & Some Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #65
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Arrives on August 21, Cover Athlete is Justin Thomas - Trailer, Scr

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I'm sure there is yet more licensing money needed for it or they would be doing it.
That could be the case also...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 01:12 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Arrives on August 21, Cover Athlete is Justin Thomas - Trailer, Scr

Quote:
Oh man - not the "one level playing field" stuff again..

HB needs to punt on that and empower people with all the options to play however they want in whatever types of segregated groups they want.
Well that's the problem with the TGC Tours... not only they're very vocal, but they're the one playing the games more than others. Although it's a problem with societies too. And for us career mode guys, we couldn't care less about this stuff. And for the numerous designers, they couldn't care less about that stuff either. And for the casual players, not only they couldn't care less about that stuff, they would like to play as a pro and hitting them 310+ yards right out of the box.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Putt preview? I just can't see why an expert player would need that!? If it's what we know of putt preview and shot preview, it should be left in the beginner mode.
Putt preview is an attempt to get the Arcade guys to buy the game, that's what they hated with Rory as it wasn't there. Those guys are playing a hole out contest, and don't care about putting and don't want to lose a game by missing a putt.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:25 PM   #68
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan
Am I the only one who likes to play as the actual PGA Tour pros? From what I hear, there will be pros in the game, but you can't actually play as them. What the heck? What's the point of having them in the game if you can't play as them? I like making my own tournaments amongst the pros and seeing which one wins. Hopefully they make them playable, but if they don't, this game is going to be a hard sell for me.

I would prefer to build up my own player not to outrageous skill levels and play against the pros. Don't want a 99 out of 100 golfer now what fun is that?
Old 05-14-2020, 01:32 PM   #69
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I did pick this little tidbit that speaks to a gamplay aspect from a Gamespot article about the game:

"2K confirmed that rookie players will be able to use things like real-time tutorials, tips, and shot suggestions, while players who want a more challenging experience can make use of more expert-type features and "other innovations" that 2K will announce later."

Are these other innovations "Pro Vision, Distance Control, and Putt Preview"? At least two of those (distance control and putt preview) sound more like aids than expert-type features ??? Pro Vision could mean limited or scout camera disabled view? We need more clarification on this.

Distance control could mean that it's up to the golfer to control the distance with their swing power, so there's hope there, provided the swing interface is proportional and granular enough to facilitate it reasonably.

Putt preview? I just can't see why an expert player would need that!? If it's what we know of putt preview and shot preview, it should be left in the beginner mode.

Power swing versus control swing something like PYS does in their Japanese baseball game?
Old 05-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #70
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Power swing versus control swing something like PYS does in their Japanese baseball game?
I hadn't thought of that, but that's very plausible... I'm sure they'll come out with some official information expeditiously about this in response to the questioning it's getting in various forums. (insert the most applicable emoji here)
Old 05-14-2020, 01:38 PM   #71
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Oh man - not the "one level playing field" stuff again..

HB needs to punt on that and empower people with all the options to play however they want in whatever types of segregated groups they want.
Gotta disagree. It makes it feel more like real golf. When I play online with my buddies, it's a test of who's got it going that particular day, just like real golf.

Same as career, you need to be on your game. Why go back to the Rory or Tiger days where you can just shoot 59 all day and win tournaments by 30 strokes. That's not realistic at all.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #72
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

I'll say this; PGA TOUR 2K21 is already getting way more attention from 2K than TGC 2019. I've seen more 2K spokespeople commenting on this game in articles than I saw from them during the entire run of TGC 2019. Furthermore, when you go to the 2K website now, the first thing you see is a full splash screen for PGA TOUR 2K21.😲

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »