Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 Video - Cover Athlete Justin Thomas and WWE Superstar The Miz

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 Video - Cover Athlete Justin Thomas and WWE Superstar The Miz within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #25
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Video - Cover Athlete Justin Thomas and WWE Superstar The Miz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Totally off the wall question that just dawned on me when looking at TW14 footage.

Does 2K21 have some female Pro golfers?
It hasn't been mentioned. They don't have an LPGA license. I guess they could acquire some licenses with a few featured LPGA TOUR players, but I'm not sure it would fit their PGA Career mode. I'll just say I'll be surprised if they do have them.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-21-2020 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Edited out the line about TW 14 not having and LPGA license, but LPGA golfers. Thanks MrArlingtonBeach!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2020, 03:46 PM   #26
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Here's a link to a more in-depth, game related interview with Justin Thomas from RealSport. Justin admits in this interview that he actually hasn't played 2K21 yet, but he's seen it and knows of all its features.

https://realsport101.com/misc/is-pga...ase-date-more/
Is that the correct link? When I go to it, I don't see anything about an interview with Justin Thomas...just some random points abut 2K21 potentially being on the next gen consoles.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #27
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Is that the correct link? When I go to it, I don't see anything about an interview with Justin Thomas...just some random points abut 2K21 potentially being on the next gen consoles.
When you scroll down, you don't see the video window for the interview? It's not right at the top.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:04 PM   #28
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Hate to be that guy, but TW 14 actually had the LPGA license, and you could play in an LPGA career mode with a created female golfer!
LOL... shows how much attention I paid to the career mode of TW 14! Honestly though, I didn't play that much of any mode in Tiger 14, but that was mostly down to my intolerance of Follow camera. I wish I could overcome that, but each new game that comes along I try the follow cam in it just for kicks and it doesn't float my boat. I'd still be playing TW 14 today if it had the True-Aim camera of TW 11, 12, and 13.

Thanks for setting the record straight on this. I'll go back and edit the original post.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #29
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
When you scroll down, you don't see the video window for the interview? It's not right at the top.
Ok, I see it now! Wasn't loading before...
Old 05-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
There's no doubt in my mind that the player models in Tiger Woods 12 - 14 look better than what we have currently in TGC 2019, even in 4K.
Agreed

My point about 720p and why the quality of the 2K21 video didn't really matter is that the quality of the video was at/above the native rendering ability of TW14 anyways and thus the comparison was apt.

Obviously at 4k, one would need to have 4k upscaled TW14 which I hope we have at some point, but don't yet, with RPCS3.

But back to the top - no doubt about the player models. The swings and the modeling work are so so good in TW series. It's a high bar for 2K/HB to match that.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:18 PM   #31
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Agreed

My point about 720p and why the quality of the 2K21 video didn't really matter is that the quality of the video was at/above the native rendering ability of TW14 anyways and thus the comparison was apt.

Obviously at 4k, one would need to have 4k upscaled TW14 which I hope we have at some point, but don't yet, with RPCS3.

But back to the top - no doubt about the player models. The swings and the modeling work are so so good in TW series. It's a high bar for 2K/HB to match that.
Okay, my attention went to the backdrop and the effects of that horribly blurry backdrop that DOF puts into the picture. I'll never pretend to say that the models in TGC 2019, or apparently now even 2K21 compare to the organic quality of those in the last three years of the TW franchise.

I still want to get that TGC 2019 screenshot I took today posted here for comparison. I couldn't get the camera as close to the golfer as the image you grabbed from the video, but it has more definition than what you captured from the compressed video. My goal tonight is to figure out where I went wrong with this capture to One Drive. I've done it before successfully, so I know it's possible, it's just something I don't do regularly enough to be proficient at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »