Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 Q&A (Reddit)

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 Q&A (Reddit) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Q&A (Reddit)

I have a feeling it's going to be a mix of career mode and challenges. Like you're going to end up matched against a pro during tournaments until you beat him. Some would like it, others will hate it just like in TW13.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #34
MVP

I always remind myself with public relations that large companies that have great features they are proud of will talk about them widely and loudly.

Hope for the best but expect the worst when parsing language to try to understand what might be actual feature details.

Truly great stuff would be out there in the open and not need to get teased out from crafty and suggested reading of sentences.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #35
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
I have a feeling it's going to be a mix of career mode and challenges. Like you're going to end up matched against a pro during tournaments until you beat him. Some would like it, others will hate it just like in TW13.
Whatever they do with career mode, I hope they give it enough hooks to make me want to play it more than a couple of rounds like the last two. I think I had a similar vision to what you described. I was thinking they might have you paired with a featured pro and you had to beat him in whatever tournament you were playing, but the rest of the field was still playing for the tournament title as well. You beat the player you're paired with for however many holes the tournament turns out to be, then you unlock the next tier pro for the next tournament.

I don't know what they've got in mind really, as they sling the terms challenges and tournaments around in relation to career mode. Whatever it is, Shaun West said "we will discuss Career Mode in more detail in the coming weeks." I guess it's complicated enough to where it deserves its on feature article or video?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2020, 03:36 PM   #36
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I always remind myself with public relations that large companies that have great features they are proud of will talk about them widely and loudly.

Hope for the best but expect the worst when parsing language to try to understand what might be actual feature details.

Truly great stuff would be out there in the open and not need to get teased out from crafty and suggested reading of sentences.
It's like they're following the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR rollout model to a "T". I remember this drip-drip-drip, feature revelation, week after week, and answers that were usually subject to multiple interpretations.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
It's like they're following the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR rollout model to a "T". I remember this drip-drip-drip, feature revelation, week after week, and answers that were usually subject to multiple interpretations.
I’m not sure which version you are referring to but whichever one you are…

How did that end up working out?

Do you recall being blown away with things that were above expectations based upon information before launch?
Old 06-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #38
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I’m not sure which version you are referring to but whichever one you are…

How did that end up working out?

Do you recall being blown away with things that were above expectations based upon information before launch?
They did that for TW 08 through 12, and to a much lesser degree, 13. The only one that was above expectations, to me, was TW 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »