Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 Full Roster Revealed

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 Full Roster Revealed within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2020, 12:16 PM   #49
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Slowly Begins to Reveal Roster - Here's the List, So Far...

Ian Poulter never met a video game he didn't want to be in...and he's in 2K21 as well:

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR2K/status...72440145670144
Old 06-12-2020, 12:28 PM   #50
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: List of Pro Golfers Coming to PGA TOUR 2K21 (Updated as they are announced)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
They better sell as many pre-orders as they can.
The word gets out quickly if something is disappointing

“At least twice as many copies” is quite a bold prediction.
I’ll have what you’re having there JC
I'm saying this based on the 2K name recognition in the title. I'm watching the reaction to this game from a demographic of gamers on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, the likes and number of which I'd never seen with the previous three TGC games. That's what I'm mostly basing my sales estimate on. TGC 2019 didn't sell very well either, so that makes it even easier for me to make this prediction.

Nothing that's been published or promoted so far says much of anything to me about how this game is going to play or feel. I have an idea it's going to feel different, I just hope it feels different in a way that's more copacetic with my senses. Ultimately, I know my most important questions aren't going to be answered until I get my hands on it and try it for myself.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #51
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Ian Poulter never met a video game he didn't want to be in...and he's in 2K21 as well:

No way they can recreate Ian's Rod Stewart doo I like this choice because he's the annoying type of cuss I like to beat on the golf course. I might actually be able to derive some degree of gratification out of defeating his virtual representation on the cyber links!

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 06-12-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2020, 12:53 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm watching the reaction to this game from a demographic of gamers on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, the likes and number of which I'd never seen with the previous three TGC games.
Interesting. I'm seeing some of what you're seeing, but I'm also seeing a lot of "I can't play as the pros? WTF?" types of reactions also.

As those of us who watched EA Rory know - the mainstream can be a fickle group and if too much is missing or implemented in odd ways, it'll quickly bomb with that crowd.

I sure hope the gameplay tweaks will be inspiring.

"Golf got game"
Old 06-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach

I notice a lot of people, in reply to these various Pro tweets, are commenting on the decidedly "last gen" graphics and particularly the player models.

It's quite a stark contrast if you're an NBA 2K fan -- especially if you just saw what NBA (but not PGA) 2K21 has cooked up for NextGen graphics.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #54
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
As those of us who watched EA Rory know - the mainstream can be a fickle group and if too much is missing or implemented in odd ways, it'll quickly bomb with that crowd.

"Golf got game"
It's amazing that RMPGAT came with playable pros, and even added several more in after launch, but had very, very few courses to play. And now a game is coming out 5 years later that will be chock-full of user-made courses, plus have officially licensed ones, but won't let you play as a single pro. Weird that they can't just combine the two and give everybody what they want...

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 06-12-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #55
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Interesting. I'm seeing some of what you're seeing, but I'm also seeing a lot of "I can't play as the pros? WTF?" types of reactions also.
I agree, the volume of "I can't play as the pros" cries are plentiful. It tells me that more people are tuned into this than I thought there would be, and probably some of those who are complaining about the inability to do so are going to buy it anyway. I'm astonished at how much attention people are paying to this on the social media sites... both positive and negative.

Quote:
As do I, as this is by far and away the area of greatest interest to me. I have nothing to go on other than "we've made some changes under the hood" to go on. Possibly some of the description of how these changes work will help some, but ultimately I'm not really going to know how it will sit with me until I get my hands on it. I'm one of the rare lot who are foolish enough to buy it without knowing if it's going to measure up to my expectations or not, but such is my lot in life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2020, 01:15 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm one of the rare lot who are foolish enough to buy it without knowing if it's going to measure up to my expectations or not, but such is my lot in life
Hey - it's your money man - do as you please, right?

How many more "generic body and swing but sort of like their real life counterpart face" Pro's do we have to get through?

The sooner they are done with that, hopefully the sooner we can get actually interesting information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »