Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 Gameplay Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 Gameplay Video (IGN) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:20 PM   #9
Pro

Zlax45's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Exclusive Gameplay tonight on IGN

My response to the video....MEH
Old 06-16-2020, 09:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not sure what to make of that. Way too easy to hit the ball in that video. Hoping there are different layers of difficulty that can be applied.

Disappointed they messed with putting. Looks like they now have a meter for putting.

But the presentation looked nice I thought. Looks like the PGA pros will be your "rivals".

Still holding out hope for a solid golf title but first impression makes me feel game difficulty has been brought way down.

Last edited by TheBrew101; 06-16-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:04 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Definitely some changes. A swing meter for the beginners and casuals, a long asked overswing from the community for advanced players, and it looks like there was no loft box when he shot that draw on the par 5.

Last edited by bigkev; 06-16-2020 at 10:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 10:07 PM   #12
Pro

Zlax45's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
Not sure what to make of that. Way too easy to hit the ball in that video. Hoping there are different layers of difficulty that can be applied.

Disappointed they messed with putting. Looks like they now have a meter for putting.

But the presentation looked nice I thought. Looks like the PGA pros will be your "rivals".

Still holding out hope for a solid golf title but first impression makes me feel game difficulty has been brought way down.
How many times did they play that hole to get a Hole in One?
Old 06-16-2020, 10:13 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 13

Random Impressions:

- Follow-cam.....ugh (puke)
- Ball trail needs to be toggle-able or dialed-back a bit
- Same crappy swing animation - no flow or rhythm at all. Like the anti-Fred Couples. Disappointing but not unexpected. On the plus side, with a slight tweak, it sort of looks like Bryson DeChambeau's swing (in that it is quick/choppy, not fluid at all, and slightly ugly from an aesthetic perspective)
- Notice that they showed Kuchar's swing from an odd angle, because if they showed it from a recognizable angle, every golf fan would immediately realize how stupid/unrealistic it looked to have Kuchar with a completely foreign random generic golf swing
- Loud cheers on the first hole played from the gallery, without anyone in the gallery actually clapping their hands...
- Audience members look like low-poly crap-tastic PS2-era characters
- Some of the bounces looked a little extreme
- He should not have been able to hit 3-wood out of that rough like that....

On the plus side, the course itself looked okay - still not as good as the courses on Rory McIlroy looked but pretty decent. I didn't love what I saw but I didn't hate it; I am still willing to be convinced. Depending on the hands-on impressions of the guys here, I can see myself giving this one a shot. Maybe.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:32 PM   #14
Rookie

Bp2 Triz's Arena

OVR: 5

Still didn’t see any spin on that pitch shot.
Buckeyes
Old 06-16-2020, 10:46 PM   #15
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Some of the physics in the gameplay still needs to be improved upon, but that can be patched. All HUD elements can also be disabled per Shaun West on Twitter.

I personally think this is a massive improvement over 2019. Will definitely be pre-ordering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 10:51 PM   #16
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
If you looked at the HUD. The driver carry was one yard less than what we now have with Pro clubs. Also, the shot shaping arc and visible power meter across the bottom are pretty good indicators that the game was being played at a gutted level of difficulty.

Quote:
They've got a meter for every shot, not just putting in this video. Maybe this is all part of what they're calling "Pro Vision", which is targeted at beginners as they state on the game's catalog page.

Quote:
I thought the 4K video of it that's now been published on You Tube looked very good. I'm not sure the TV Broadcast presentation options will make sense if I'm thinking that it's me playing the round. I'd rather be honed in more on my golfer's perspective. If you're going to show my opponent from those views, it makes a little more sense, but I'd still feel more tuned-in to the moment to watch them from my golfer's perspective, with a camera cut once the ball is about 75% to its destination.

This bit about the cut ahead to Kuchar finishing the hole three holes ahead makes me now think you won't be able to play a tournament round in the same pairing with a featured pro. The TV Broadcast style of it was good, but I can't say how injecting something like that in the middle of my round would hurt or help the atmosphere.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can relax on the difficulty. What you saw was a shot aid fest. I've read where Shaun West said the game will provide advanced players an unprecedented challenge. He also said on the other end that more aids have been brought in for the beginning player to make it even easier than it is now with Beginner clubs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »