Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 Video - Lead Commentators Luke Elvy and Rich Beem

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 Video - Lead Commentators Luke Elvy and Rich Beem within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Video - Commentators Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Yeah, to me it would make sense to get the bad news out there early
Well - "maybe"... They might think ambiguity is better as it gives people some "hope" and they might end up pre-ordering it and accepting delivery of it - no refunds - before finding out what HB/2K could have told them in advance..

I know - it's cynical - but I think right now it's "keep it positive and light" and cruise to release and capture all the pre-order $ they can.

The whole pre-order thing cracks me up - particularly for digital copies..
Other than total throwaway digital "extras" - I see no point in it (for the consumer) whatsoever.

But - I do think it creates some mental tension that gets a user onboard with early hype and nudges them towards keeping the pre-order "just to see"...."I've already pre-ordered it after all..." etc

The benefits of a digital pre-order are pretty much exclusively on the publisher/dev side of things.

Last edited by scagwi; 06-29-2020 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:24 PM   #10
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Video - Lead Commentators Luke Elvy and Rich Beem

They got nothing to show. This is getting embarrassing at this point.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:38 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Well - "maybe"... They might think ambiguity is better as it gives people some "hope" and they might end up pre-ordering it and accepting delivery of it - no refunds - before finding out what HB/2K could have told them in advance..

I know - it's cynical - but I think right now it's "keep it positive and light" and cruise to release and capture all the pre-order $ they can.

The whole pre-order thing cracks me up - particularly for digital copies..
Other than total throwaway digital "extras" - I see no point in it (for the consumer) whatsoever.

But - I do think it creates some mental tension that gets a user onboard with early hype and nudges them towards keeping the pre-order "just to see"...."I've already pre-ordered it after all..." etc

The benefits of a digital pre-order are pretty much exclusively on the publisher/dev side of things.
I don't think that's cynical, I think it's accurate. It is, in fact, literally the only reason why such a thing as "pre-ordering" would exist in this day and age. There is a zero percent chance physical copies of games will sell out at every local store in your area no matter where you live, and since game purchasing has gone digital for a significant percentage of people, there is never any chance at all you won't be able to get it.

I want to like this game - I really do. But their marketing to date has made it really difficult to keep the faith. I know they won't make it just selling to golf die-hards like myself, but at least some nod to those of us that want to play a serious, realistic game of golf with a fully featured career mode would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope the commentary are not constantly cracking jokes.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:38 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnlarge
I hope the commentary are not constantly cracking jokes.
Agree. If you aren't Gary McCord or David Feherty, just keep it straight down the middle.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:30 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Agree. If you aren't Gary McCord or David Feherty, just keep it straight down the middle.
Based on the gameplay footage, it looks like that’s also where most all drives will be...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »