Home

More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6

This is a discussion on More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2020, 05:36 PM   #17
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6

Vague first impressions from the folks who got to see the presentation seem pretty positive, which isn't too surprising:

https://twitter.com/VctryLnSprts/sta...48566940655621
Old 08-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #18
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Another quick-edit sizzle trailer hit the 2K21 Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR2K/status...11076377649152

Course creator is the focus of this one. I can't really pick out any new info because of how fast everything gets edited and sped up, but perhaps others with a more keen eye can see some new things in there.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:20 AM   #19
Banned

lions67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach

Course creator is the focus of this one. I can't really pick out any new info because of how fast everything gets edited and sped up, but perhaps others with a more keen eye can see some new things in there.

RespawnTV
View Profile YouTube Personal Message (Online)

Re: PGA Tour 2k21
« Reply #2103 on: August 04, 2020, 06:22:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/RespawnTwitch/st...056676364?s=20

Now is the time boys. I will be live with a stream on Thursday and will have videos going live throughout the day as well. I will answer any questions I am able to at that time. You can ask questions now though, I got a list running. Or you can wait until Thursday if you want to stop by. There may be some questions I can't answer but I will try my best to answer as many as I can and also stay active here with any questions you all have.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #20
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Kinda surprised they went with that video today. Not only is it another was of those annoying, jumpy, videos, it conveys virtually nothing about the course designer. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know what's new or has been changed, but it seems to focus with this video was to show people how they can "Get Weird" and create some appalling courses that on its creator and his "Crew" will want to play.

I would have almost bet money that yesterday they would have republished the 14 minute, more in-depth gameplay video that they accidentally made public for a few hours last Wednesday. It was by far and away the best video they've produced yet and went into the swing mechanic quite a bit. If they don't release it by tomorrow, it's going to get lost in the noise of all the Streamer videos and preview commentaries.

Truth be known, I don't know why they didn't leave that 14 minute video up last week? It would have given the game something solid that people could discuss and create interest in. I'm beyond bewildered with the way this rollout is being handled!? They may make a big splash with the barrage of streamer videos tomorrow, but I have to wonder how many people have already turned a blind eye to this game, because of this clandestine marketing scheme!?
Old 08-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #21
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
RespawnTV
View Profile YouTube Personal Message (Online)

Re: PGA Tour 2k21
« Reply #2103 on: August 04, 2020, 06:22:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/RespawnTwitch/st...056676364?s=20

Now is the time boys. I will be live with a stream on Thursday and will have videos going live throughout the day as well. I will answer any questions I am able to at that time. You can ask questions now though, I got a list running. Or you can wait until Thursday if you want to stop by. There may be some questions I can't answer but I will try my best to answer as many as I can and also stay active here with any questions you all have.
Respawn's streams are at the top of my list to take in. Some people think he's a shill for HB Studios, but I've found his videos to be objective and informative. I want to see Crazy Canuck's course designer perspective on things also. I'll be tuning in to see Mechaniczgrip , VctryLnSprts, and TheApexHound, as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #22
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

I've gotta assume the 14 minute video was the presentation that the streamers got yesterday. I hope it gets released to the public again, but I don't know.

I'm still struggling with how this rollout has been going, too. I really want some questions answered, and know they will likely get answered tomorrow. But it seems it might take some time/effort/work to find the specific things we want to know about, as half a dozen streams all going on at the very same time and lasting for 4-5 hours will be a bit much to sift through.

That said, a lot of positivity is coming from the people involved in the streams, so it has given me some optimism, despite the questionable marketing tactics.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
but I have to wonder how many people have already turned a blind eye to this game, because of this clandestine marketing scheme!?
Golf is a niche sport so it's probably not doing much of a difference. You either like golf game or not. They're trying to jazz it up to make it look like fun and easy, almost arcade and they're probably doing ok because of the 2k name. For the real sim guys, it's very frustrating the way they're going but they're the guys who will buy it anyway... just a matter of when. The real fanatics, they've already pre-ordered.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #24
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
I've gotta assume the 14 minute video was the presentation that the streamers got yesterday. I hope it gets released to the public again, but I don't know.

I'm still struggling with how this rollout has been going, too. I really want some questions answered, and know they will likely get answered tomorrow. But it seems it might take some time/effort/work to find the specific things we want to know about, as half a dozen streams all going on at the very same time and lasting for 4-5 hours will be a bit much to sift through.

That said, a lot of positivity is coming from the people involved in the streams, so it has given me some optimism, despite the questionable marketing tactics.
From the signals I picked up yesterday, the streamers got hands-on with the game. Crazy Canuck1985 is asking people what they want him to show them first, excluding multiplayer, which he says he's not able to show at this time.

https://twitter.com/crazycanuck1985/...315225088?s=20

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »